Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It’s been a good few days. I wonder why (at least per 247) Robinson is regarded as a recruit and Grimsley is a transfer. Both are class of 2024, both committed and signed LOIs at their schools, both changed their minds less than a month later. Is it because Robinson got a release and maybe Grimsley never bothered to do that?
Grimsley had actually already enrolled at Alabama. Thus he’s a “transfer.” In this day and age it’s an irrelevant distinction.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I realize, considering or skepticism and what we've been through that we want to poo poo everything, but the talent we've acquired recently is pretty encouraging. I know,...I know..."we'll just f it up"....which could be true, but I'm happy.

I have no real knowledge of Harris. But between Marshall staying and guys like Johnson, Jackson, Denson and Moore from the last two years, plus Grimsley now, he really has no excuse but to put up a solid secondary. I look forward to it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
They’re going to stick. They’re Florida kids. Really shows you that Cory Raymond wasn’t bringing kids in. He’s at LSU now and couldn’t bring him in.
The pessimist in me was figuring this would finally be the moment where Raymond showed his recruiting skills, but was pleasantly surprised to see he’s as bad for LSU as he was for us. I suspect Kelly is going to regret bringing him back. In any event, welcome aboard Mr Grimsley! I look forward to seeing you in O&B!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They’re going to stick. They’re Florida kids. Really shows you that Cory Raymond wasn’t bringing kids in. He’s at LSU now and couldn’t bring him in.
Just recruit FLORIDA.

How fuchsing hard can this be? We keep hiring douchebags who want to recruit Alabama (and get leftovers), Mississippi (and get leftovers) and now Louisiana and Texas (and..... get leftovers).

Just recruit Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I realize, considering or skepticism and what we've been through that we want to poo poo everything, but the talent we've acquired recently is pretty encouraging. I know,...I know..."we'll just f it up"....which could be true, but I'm happy.
Good news.

It would be great news if it were OL.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've said all along that you recruit all of Florida first. The most talent in the country is right there. Sure after that and along with it go out and get Talent from around the country. But if you win Florida, you'll win in recruiting, and then you'll be winning period. And it's true as we have seen before and now becoming more evident with the portal and transfers. Many/Most are from out of state and not to mention, "I am worth more $$$ than this" bullshyt. Pretty simple, your recruiting footprint and travel should be easy. Work Florida for all it's worth.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thats huge! 6'4" - 315 lbs.

“Florida has been my dream school and some unexpected things happened at Texas so I just wanted to be closer with my family," Robinson told On3. "It will be way easier for my family to come see me play and anything else they would like to do. I’m a momma’s boy and I’ll admit, being closer to ma dukes feels great. My big sister lives in Texas so I would’ve had some form of family there if I was still going. I am a family’s boy and being in my state feels so much better and I am very proud and happy with the decision I have made.”

Florida was his dream school yet he committed to Texas?
Have they changed the definition of the word dream?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I realize, considering our skepticism and what we've been through that we want to poo poo everything, but the talent we've acquired recently is pretty encouraging. I know,...I know..."we'll just f it up"....which could be true, but I'm happy.

I agree, I am happy to see that we have been able to pickup a couple of solid players that should help us.

I just can’t stand the “UF is my dream team “ garbage from mercenaries that originally signed elsewhere. Please.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were probably hoping to land a 5 star from Louisiana or Texas instead and never gave him a commitable offer.

This happens all the time with this regime. I heard another kid who went to Clemson say the same thing. UF gave no committable offer so he became All American at Clemson instead.

The last two regime sort of did opposite: any recruits that another school wanted they tended to assume we d lose so they just quickly move to a 3* no other SEC team wanted.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Show Me The Money GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You act like we werent offering NIL to the guys we targeted and lost instead though.... which isnt true.
I don't think we lose recruits because of NIL. There are a few exceptions, but I don't think kids are making decisions based on NIL $$$ alone (from major colleges).

Most of these kids come from piss poor families. ANY NIL money is more than they have ever had.

We lost recruits because of the play on the field (which suggests poor development) and/or proximity to family.

We lost portals fights because of play on the field (which suggests poor development) and/or proximity to family.

Also, I'm sure, back to back losing seasons plays into the coaches lack of a future.

We haven't lost any recruits because of a lack of playing time available. At any position.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I don't think we lose recruits because of NIL. There are a few exceptions, but I don't think kids are making decisions based on NIL $$$ alone (from major colleges).

Most of these kids come from piss poor families. ANY NIL money is more than they have ever had.

We lost recruits because of the play on the field (which suggests poor development) and/or proximity to family.

We lost portals fights because of play on the field (which suggests poor development) and/or proximity to family.

Also, I'm sure, back to back losing seasons plays into the coaches lack of a future.

We haven't lost any recruits because of a lack of playing time available. At any position.
I think it is just the opposite. Most "blue chip" recruits will go to the school offerring one dollar more. Other factors don't matter.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it is just the opposite. Most "blue chip" recruits will go to the school offerring one dollar more. Other factors don't matter.

Alabama’s current predicament says otherwise. Kids were focused on what Saban and Co would do for their future, not just a quick NIL fix.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If you have NFL ability, you want to be in the best position for that contract. The difference between 1.2 million and no real visibility to the NFL and 1 million with NFL visibility is huge for long term development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.