Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: 5* CB Cormani McClain headed to UF

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Karl and staff debating on the proper use of timeouts...
Three Stooges Vintage GIF
This could be post of the year. Well done sir.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont like it, but it is where we are in the pecking order.
Well, that’s what I meant. With where we are right now I think it’s the right strategy. I wish we were bringing in really quality players. Both the portal and out of high school.

Bringing some. But not enough.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that’s what I meant. With where we are right now I think it’s the right strategy. I wish we were bringing in really quality players. Both the portal and out of high school.

Bringing some. But not enough.
We're just in a tough spot. It was always gonna be tough to recruit hs and the portal this off-season when we decided we were gonna give Napier more time. I think we've added 3 maybe 4 solid contributors through the portal. Idk how much more we could expect with things the way they are. I think the biggest need left is an explosive wr to fill the void of Pearsall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holy poop, Cristobal one-upped Napier on small school shopping. "I'll see your San Diego and raise you an Albany."
I will see your Alabama walkon DB version of Luke Del Rio and ... sign an FCS walkon?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the biggest need left is an explosive wr to fill the void of Pearsall.
Not to me. Pearsall was good but Trey is better and Billy cant afford to leave him on the bench next year. The others from that class are good too.

WRs just aren't that important in Cajun's offense.

It really begins and ends with the OL and Im not sure any OL can make Billy's scheme work.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're just in a tough spot. It was always gonna be tough to recruit hs and the portal this off-season when we decided we were gonna give Napier more time. I think we've added 3 maybe 4 solid contributors through the portal. Idk how much more we could expect with things the way they are. I think the biggest need left is an explosive wr to fill the void of Pearsall.
I think we may have to wait until the spring for a WR. We missed on any good ones this round imo.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not to me. Pearsall was good but Trey is better and Billy cant afford to leave him on the bench next year. The others from that class are good too.

WRs just aren't that important in Cajun's offense.

It really begins and ends with the OL and Im not sure any OL can make Billy's scheme work.
True. I believe marion will be the OC next year. Whether he runs his system or Billy's, there's more 2 receiver sets than anything . Maybe jean or Mizell will be ready

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Need immediate impact OLs and DLs. The rest is just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

I think BNs goose is cooked.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
True. I believe marion will be the OC next year. Whether he runs his system or Billy's, there's more 2 receiver sets than anything . Maybe jean or Mizell will be ready
Huh? Marion the OC next year?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? Marion the OC next year?
Yeah I have no inside info here or anything. He's just following all the players and coaches and one of the unlv media guys tweeted that we needed to prepare for him to go to Florida then deleted it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah I have no inside info here or anything. He's just following all the players and coaches and one of the unlv media guys tweeted that we needed to prepare for him to go to Florida then deleted it.
Wasnt that like 2 weeks ago? Kinda went dead since then?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasnt that like 2 weeks ago? Kinda went dead since then?
I think we're waiting for sale or Stapleton to find an NFL job or something like that. Just waiting for the spot to open up. Again, that's just my guess or gut feeling.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Need immediate impact OLs and DLs. The rest is just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

I think BNs goose is cooked.

BN’s not going anywhere. Stricklin was just interviewed by ON3. He said they are playing a long game. Not worried about short term results. He said they are in the midst of a complete overhaul of the football program and that it will take time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BN’s not going anywhere. Stricklin was just interviewed by ON3. He said they are playing a long game. Not worried about short term results. He said they are in the midst of a complete overhaul of the football program and that it will take time.
For Stricklin's sake he has to work. The new version of the overhaul, is a way to prolong the chopping block.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
At this rate, no doubt.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'd actually be OK with this if I saw areas of improvement that made me think, "Ah, I see what we're doing there; great." Outside of facilities (athletic and residential), I'm seeing very little improvement two years in. I haven't seen the interview you referenced, and if it's like a lot of these they don't ask the really tough questions, but did Stricklin give any hint as to when the rest of us might have an "aha" moment? I could really use something to optimistic about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator