Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I thought if Napier did anything for all that Pearsall did for the program the last two years, he would have fed him the ball to get 52 yards against FSU. Nope.
I had issue with that, too. Dude came back and pimped for him all year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And an OL that gave him very little time to throw.
An OC that gave him very little time. Id guess 70% of the OL problem is Billy's playcalling.

Eventually Retard Billy might figure out that run blocking "to sell" the play action or double play action (fake jet too) is a dumbass play call most of the time.

But he hasnt so far. It has only been 12 years though. Maybe he is just a slow learner.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Billy's starting WRs all the way back to Clemson get 450 yards worth of screen passes.

It is like saying Douchebag Dan is a good OC because once every 12 years he has a mediocre offense instead of terrible.
I looked up Budget Corndog's stats on offense as a head coach. Interestingly, the more success he has the more the receiving yards drop. His best 2 years at Louisiana his receivers didn't even get 500 yards. That crap won't work in today's game against elite teams. That's peewee garbage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I looked up Budget Corndog's stats on offense as a head coach. Interestingly, the more success he has the more the receiving yards drop. His best 2 years at Louisiana his receivers didn't even get 500 yards. That crap won't work in today's game against elite teams. That's peewee garbage.
The other thing is that everyone is scoring more because of the protections for the quarterback and the receivers from vicious hits. I'm not saying this just because I love Spurrier ball but hell everybody scores 30-40 points these days, even with window licker quarterbacks like Spencer Rattler and a terrible coaching staff.

Saban was scoring twice as many points as the first part of his career because he realized that what you have to do under today's game. Adapt or get fired.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One last thought will I finish my physical therapy stuff, Billy has a decent run game scheme. he has some nifty adjustments and has quite a few little split zone wrinkles and outside zone wrinkles that are not bad. It is probably the best run game scheme we've had since probably the '80s.

His passing game is... I wouldn't say bad but just neophyte like middle school level. Very bland basic flood routes and crossing routes. 099 level spread stuff. and the receivers don't run good routes and won't under Billy Gonzalez. they never have. even Percy got an NFL scouting rating of "doesn't know how to run routes". Throw that in with his insistence on running play action almost every pass. this will just never work.

When I say it's not "bad" I mean it could be part of a functional playbook with better play calling selection and some more advanced passing concepts thrown in there.

it got worse last year when we apparently tore most of the pages out of the Mullen screen pass book. I suspect that is also Billy Gs work. Obviously screen passes can work, usually when the defense is backed up fearing the long pass. Spurrier was the master of hitting a draw play or a screen pass when the defense was playing deep trying to stop his vertical passing game. Using the screen game when the defense is playing tight and expecting a run just won't work. Again you're just running plays into the teeth of the defense. it won't work unless someone trips or misses an assignment.

This isn't complex stuff. This is like Playcalling 099 level stuff. The building blocks, not even Playcalling 101 type stuff. Did it work at Alabama under McElshark? Sure. If their X can't stop your O, due to completely being out-talented, then I guess any play you draw up on X's and O's works. (I would say Vs and Os but no one says that, but everyone draws Vs not Xs.)

We're never going to get to the position of just out talenting our rivals. We never did even during the 90s, as Tinerc, Ugly, Clowns and Bammer often wom on recruiting day but not on game day. Only for a short period under Meyer did we have enough talent to just "out-talent" the other team despite a poor offensive scheme.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
he chose Ohio State because they put dudes in the league.
This is a spurious argument. We put just as many players in the League as every other Blue blood. In fact, over the last 10 seasons, we have some the highest number of players drafted and playing on Sundays. You can still make the league by playing losing football at UF.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
One last thought will I finish my physical therapy stuff, Billy has a decent run game scheme. he has some nifty adjustments and has quite a few little split zone wrinkles and outside zone wrinkles that are not bad. It is probably the best run game scheme we've had since probably the '80s.

His passing game is... I wouldn't say bad but just neophyte like middle school level. Very bland basic flood routes and crossing routes. 099 level spread stuff. and the receivers don't run good routes and won't under Billy Gonzalez. they never have. even Percy got an NFL scouting rating of "doesn't know how to run routes". Throw that in with his insistence on running play action almost every pass. this will just never work.

When I say it's not "bad" I mean it could be part of a functional playbook with better play calling selection and some more advanced passing concepts thrown in there.

it got worse last year when we apparently tore most of the pages out of the Mullen screen pass book. I suspect that is also Billy Gs work. Obviously screen passes can work, usually when the defense is backed up fearing the long pass. Spurrier was the master of hitting a draw play or a screen pass when the defense was playing deep trying to stop his vertical passing game. Using the screen game when the defense is playing tight and expecting a run just won't work. Again you're just running plays into the teeth of the defense. it won't work unless someone trips or misses an assignment.

This isn't complex stuff. This is like Playcalling 099 level stuff. The building blocks, not even Playcalling 101 type stuff. Did it work at Alabama under McElshark? Sure. If their X can't stop your O, due to completely being out-talented, then I guess any play you draw up on X's and O's works. (I would say Vs and Os but no one says that, but everyone draws Vs not Xs.)

We're never going to get to the position of just out talenting our rivals. We never did even during the 90s, as Tinerc, Ugly, Clowns and Bammer often wom on recruiting day but not on game day. Only for a short period under Meyer did we have enough talent to just "out-talent" the other team despite a poor offensive scheme.
THIS is why Ox held a meeting regarding your return and why we voted the way we did.

Welcome back.
1706045103075.png

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
An OC that gave him very little time. Id guess 70% of the OL problem is Billy's playcalling.

Eventually Retard Billy might figure out that run blocking "to sell" the play action or double play action (fake jet too) is a dumbass play call most of the time.

But he hasnt so far. It has only been 12 years though. Maybe he is just a slow learner.
the bachelor GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just providing the actual facts to compare to what you wrote. I didnt comment otherwise in support of your comment or against. Your reaction is on you, not me.

Was it helpful?
incredibly helpful if our goal is to try to steal a few wide receivers from Kentucky rather than the five stars that Ohio State keeps landing from the state of Florida.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
incredibly helpful if our goal is to try to steal a few wide receivers from Kentucky rather than the five stars that Ohio State keeps landing from the state of Florida.
Well, Kentucky beats us with their WRs so might be an upgrade. Why would Ohio State WRs come to UF. Against fsu Billy couldn't even scheme 50 yards for Pearsall to break 1000.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
apples and oranges

now, compare the defenses in the PAC 12 and B1G
Dude, when we had SOS we usually led the country or were top 5. The reason the SEC offenses suck is because most are trying to emulate 2009 Trailerbammer, which even Trailerbammer doesnt do anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator