Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
For me the concern isn't taking a walk on. It's taking a walk on while not being able to attract any actual talent in areas of need, or being so slow in the portal because of our "process" that we don't land guys like that olineman who wants to come here but can't get anyone to answer their phone.
Which has nothing to do with this particular guy. His story is that he has already received his degree from the AFA (and of course his commission) and the USAF is sending him to grad school at UF. To me, taking him as walk-on is no-brainer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot wrong with the program to legitimately complain about, but taking a lower D1 guy in as walk-on ain't one of them. Seriously, do you really care about walk-ons now?
i care about where these numbskulls focus their time and efforts. the portal is open, there's some talent still available in areas where we have real need. but lets focus on some nobody walk-on in a position that we hardly use, and where we already have 6 freaking bodies assigned. no, i dont give 2 liquid shts about a dang walk-on tight end that managed 11 catches in 4 years. and that is the whole point. This retarded staff shouldnt care either.

if these assclowns focused their attention on legitimate recruits and shoring up player and staff shortcomings we wouldnt be having this convo b/c theyd have no time for a walk-on 7th tight end. theyve got more than enough work just trying to fix the mess with their scholarship players and game day coaching.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
i care about where these numbskulls focus their time and efforts. the portal is open, there's some talent still available in areas where we have real need. but lets focus on some nobody walk-on in a position that we hardly use, and where we already have 6 freaking bodies assigned. no, i dont give 2 liquid shts about a dang walk-on tight end that managed 11 catches in 4 years. and that is the whole point. This retarded staff shouldnt care either.

if these assclowns focused their attention on legitimate recruits and shoring up player and staff shortcomings we wouldnt be having this convo b/c theyd have no time for a walk-on 7th tight end. theyve got more than enough work just trying to fix the mess with their scholarship players and game day coaching.
It's not the staff's fault. We do not have the recruiting apparatus and back office staff the successful schools do. We need to hire someone or some people specifically for that role. Look... Football Coaches - Florida Gators

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

So you really think a lot of effort was put into a walk-on who was already getting a free ride for his post graduate work anyway? I doubt it. This particular move isn't worth your time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the staff's fault. We do not have the recruiting apparatus and back office staff the successful schools do. We need to hire someone or some people specifically for that role. Look... Football Coaches - Florida Gators
yea, we need one of those 100+ person staffs like the bammers and dwags of the world. And dont forget some coaches there to coach up the other coaches. That would really be amazing too....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So you really think a lot of effort was put into a walk-on who was already getting a free ride for his post graduate work anyway? I doubt it. This particular move isn't worth your time.
it was certainly important enough for the staff to put out info to the media on it seeing as how multiple articles about it were trending this morning. im still waiting for a similiar stream of articles about a player who actually matters.

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
yea, we need one of those 100+ person staffs like the bammers and dwags of the world. And dont forget some coaches there to coach up the other coaches. That would really be amazing too....

I promise you, Belly is on it, but he needs time. You don't just turn a program around or out coach staffs. Let me use Washington Huskies as an example. Deboer came in to a 4-8 team. He had to go through "the process" of getting the right personnel, training his coaches to coach their units and win games. Took him almost a season, which seems like a long time considering the #1 classes he had to work with brought in by his predecessor. But the Washington faithful were patient because unlike us, they know it's a process.

This thing UF fans have about "winning games" right away and professional game management is hogwash. It just doesn't work that way, and cannot be done. Process!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
it was certainly important enough for the staff to put out info to the media on it seeing as how multiple articles about it were trending this morning. im still waiting for a similiar stream of articles about a player who actually matters.

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted
It's a nice story. Ya know, active duty military officer, working on a master's degree (in engineering no less), walking on at an SEC school. I get it; your P.O'ed at the current state of the program and don't want to hear any feel good stories, but jeez lighten up a little. Look out the window where you are; maybe there's some clouds you can go yell at.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida opens up two scholarships with Riley Simonds and Ethan Pouncy leaving.

Simonds is retiring from football and Pouncy is transferring.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Be nice; we wanted him gone and he's consented to leave.
He came from Buford High School. I don't understand why we haven't used him to recruit the school.

Hell, Billy's wife grew up 20 minutes away and I don't think he recruits the school. They had a down year last year, with only three 5* players.

Every May, the school has a 5k / 10k run for the athletic dept. Billy and his staff need to sign up and show up to show they're interested.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He came from Buford High School. I don't understand why we haven't used him to recruit the school.

Hell, Billy's wife grew up 20 minutes away and I don't think he recruits the school. They had a down year last year, with only three 5* players.

Every May, the school has a 5k / 10k run for the athletic dept. Billy and his staff need to sign up and show up to show they're interested.
Buford is a machine - though I'm still pissed Justice Haynes left BT to go there for his senior season - and we should be recruiting the hell out of it; especially since Kirby was kind of ignoring them there for a while.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Florida opens up two scholarships with Riley Simonds and Ethan Pouncy leaving.

Simonds is retiring from football and Pouncy is transferring.
So they no longer have a numbers problem to potentially take a guy who may be able, Gawd forbid, to actually play football?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. If he’s a walk on, I don’t give two shyts. I just don’t want these guys taking up scholarships.
Exactly. Lots of the kids we have taken would have been, at best, walkons under SOS, Zook, or Meyer. But taking another walkon doesnt bother me a bit. Im sure he will ve competent on XP team or wherever he ends up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator