Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Money has ruined college football. Even mediocre players with minimal experience are all about NIL deals. Then where you have a good player, other schools entice them with money to transfer. Not long ago this was the worst type of cheating there was.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why?

Hysteria.
Because to new recruits it’s a canary in a coal mine that something is wrong here. We aren’t talking about some disgruntled backup who wants more playing time. If you saw some pilots refuse to ride on an airplane would you think twice about getting on the flight?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Because to new recruits it’s a canary in a coal mine that something is wrong here. We aren’t talking about some disgruntled backup who wants more playing time. If you saw some pilots refuse to ride on an airplane would you think twice about getting on the flight?
Not if they were Naval Aviators. Just sayin'.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
'23 roster by class =
Grad = 1, Micah Leon QB two time transfer, never played a down.
R-Sr. = 9 ; 1 starter, 2 backups, 6 not on the depth chart. 7 were transfers in. 1 was injured all year (Cam Carroll)
Sr. = 4. Pearsall and 3 who couldn't make it on the depth chart.
R-Jr. = 9; A few were good (Mertz, Nunnery, Eguakun), a few others sucked, a few rode the pine. 3 of the 9 transferred in.
Jr. = 13; 6 from the portal, including our 2023 team MVP Crawshaw.
R-So. = 21 ; 5 from the portal. Lots of starters and backups, a handful need re-evaluated.
So. = 12 ; about half started, most made some contribution. 3 transferred in.
R-Fr. = 15 ; 2 transfers, some key players (Brown, Boardingham, Hansen), a few who might not stay.
Fr. = 34 ; Yes, 34.

How many recruits and transfers are we signing this year?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ridiculous.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"Pay Day"? Guess he'll be waiting a while on that one. Hate that the kid has gotten hurt the last two seasons, but you might have to be on the field to get paid.
I listen to the game on WRUF a lot and he's regularly on commercials for the Good Feet Store,...his NIL I guess. I kinda felt sorry for the store, they inked the deal and the guy hasn't played.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL is drooling. Early projections have him rising from an undrafted free agent to a 7th round pick.
yeah his resume is big guy with a pulse. the last PFF I saw he still rated much lower than 21, but I guess I should say he's a big guy with a heart rate lower than 21 after three plays.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Pay Day"? Guess he'll be waiting a while on that one. Hate that the kid has gotten hurt the last two seasons, but you might have to be on the field to get paid.
he's probably 6th at best on the depth chart?

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
I think this is all internet banter. I do not see Travor leaving FL since his mom and older brother live here. He will be the go to guy next year and he knows that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is all internet banter. I do not see Travor leaving FL since his mom and older brother live here. He will be the go to guy next year and he knows that.
Have not heard Shane's PC this am but he was talking about that yesterday regarding potential portals. ETN was one and he stated the same. But I would also expect them (Money) to ^ his NIL $$.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Ted Lasso Fudge GIF by Apple TV

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Not sure what happened to him. Attitude?
I'm not sure we need to start asking what happened to him until we ask the same of all the DBs and the defense in general. No.2 safety coming out of HS and can't get time over the bunch we had out there? I mean we didn't even realize how much better Moore was until late in the season because they kept rolling Kimber out. And who actually recruited Kamari, he's a soph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator