Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
highly overrated? Who on our staff decided he was "highly over-rated"? Was it the same ass clowns that thought Kimber was under appreciated at Ugay? Or maybe the same ass clown that thought George was under-rated at Bama? We just got rid of 2 defensive staff members because seemingly their ability to develop sucks ass. I don't have any confidence that this staff can make that sort of decision an in fact sounds like an excuse not to play a kid that they didn't recruit **disclaimer** not sure if Mullen or BN staff recruited him but he was either no.1 or 2 safety.
and his performance on the field was not very good, thereby highly overrated! I don't know if it was attitude, ineptitude or awful coaching my point is if you choose to not follow up with a coaching decision then he does not dress and play in games so dreaming about "the league" is just a wet dream. I wish he had proven to be the best safety in a decade at UF. He isn't the best three deep on a crappy team.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
and his performance on the field was not very good, thereby highly overrated! I don't know if it was attitude, ineptitude or awful coaching my point is if you choose to not follow up with a coaching decision then he does not dress and play in games so dreaming about "the league" is just a wet dream. I wish he had proven to be the best safety in a decade at UF. He isn't the best three deep on a crappy team.
I would have liked to see him get some reps in the game just in case they don't know WTF they are talking about.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMO, this is a new trend that has infected all of college football, not just the Gators.
Defenders want to "bring the boom" and only use their pads. They never wrap up or use their arms/hands.
It's frustrating and I can't wait for some team to start teaching how to wrap up or to put a facemask in a runner's chest and sweep their legs.
UGA already does

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. Couldn't agree with you more. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever read a post where you've overreacted, exaggerated or even said anything silly.
Especially about prostitutes.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not trying to say things are good, because they aren't, but some of this stuff is so silly and over the top. When fans turn on a coach, they come up with insane stuff and exaggerate everything.
Same could be said for those who were over pumping a new hire or after seeing evidence over and over and still pumping the same bs.... that schit swings both ways.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
UGA already does
Yeah, there's a few who do and, oddly enough, they're all highly ranked year in and year out. But they're few and far between and UGA and Bama were two that I was thinking about as I typed it out, relative to them NOT being as guilty.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
................... He’s so set on everything being “his way” in the off the field areas that he’s completely blinded to what ultimately should be the end game, which is winning.

Same can be said of the HC.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Absolutely....kids from high school are always concerned about the "parking nightmare" at the next level. Some no doubt have that above playing time and being competitive enough to be in a bowl game...
Great evaluation of my post, looking at fourteen. I see you completely ignored the second half of my post, and if you think these guys give a sh!!t about a bowl game over a shot in the NFL you are way out of touch with what the players and parents goals are.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great evaluation of my post, looking at fourteen. I see you completely ignored the second half of my post, and if you think these guys give a sh!!t about a bowl game over a shot in the NFL you are way out of touch with what the players and parents goals are.

Agreed
It’s similar to the people that still believe these guys care about an education.

Aug 5, 2014
By the way, all of the stuff you mentioned is offered by other schools as well. They are in no way unique to Napier and UF athletics...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, all of the stuff you mentioned is offered by other schools as well. They are in no way unique to Napier and UF athletics...
this was my exact thought when i read it as well. like we're the only program that gives players nice dorms, good food, decent trans and other amenities. just b/c we were giving them garbage before and its better now doesnt mean that we've somehow elevated ourselves above baseline.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I thought Chioaoeirusoitoiotk-Bowman was a stop gap get because our WR was pretty depleted when Nape first got on campus. That room is looking way better now so him leaving makes sense. It kinda made sense when we took him mainly because we whiffed in the initial class and portal.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're a football forum of a formerly football school. I've made peace with it. Go Schollies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.