Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really have big names any more though? Lesbehonest
if they are first or second team, it hurts bad when youve recruited and portaled as poorly as this guy has. ETN is as big of a name as you get with this coach. I don't blame them for being tired of losing.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yep lots of chatter tomorrow is not going to be fun for us and that Billy is already planning to slow play the portal again. They are also pretty sure the ULL guys are all safe.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if they are first or second team, it hurts bad when youve recruited and portaled as poorly as this guy has. ETN is as big of a name as you get with this coach. I don't blame them for being tired of losing.
Not saying some won't leave, but I'm not counting them til they actually announce.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Billy boy is trying to get that buyout as fast as he can.
That is fine and good, basically inevitable at this point. The problem is the next coach is going to be left a Vandy roster, not a top 15 roster like Sunbelt Billy got. We will LEGITIMATELY be 4-5 years from competing.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is the next coach is going to be left a Vandy roster.
Isn't that the reality of the game anymore?
These kids can now leave at virtually any time for almost any reason no repercussions.

Some coaches may be better at holding on than others, but this schit is just a free agency anymore.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That is fine and good, basically inevitable at this point. The problem is the next coach is going to be left a Vandy roster, not a top 15 roster like Sunbelt Billy got. We will LEGITIMATELY be 4-5 years from competing.
Maybe if we hired someone that could correctly use the portal, it won't take that long.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

What do you think of this Arizona coach? I hear some talk of him, don't know much about him. Know he had ties to UF, is he someone worth pursuing when the inevitable happens?

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
We need to be all over this kid.

Can't wait to see all of the post if he decides to stay at A&M with there new D line coach......................some guy named Sean Spencer. But I'm sure if he stays there it would be because of Elko

Aug 5, 2014

Lots of intel here. Lots of bad news.

Etienne, Wilson III, and Shemar James could all enter the portal early this week. Etienne is apparently not interested in being number two behind Billy’s buddy Montrell and he’s sick of trying to run behind our crappy OL.

Georgia Southern Secondary coach Will Harris is looking like the replacement for Raymond and there is supposedly a big name DL hire coming in to keep guys on board.

Kendall Jackson underwhelmed and it sounds like he was persuaded to look elsewhere.

All part of the rebuild, or so we have been told. Repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.