Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There just won't be a functioning OL next year. So why come back to go 3-8 next season and possibly get hurt?

You mean the year before he can enter the draft.... it's a business decision. Keep getting hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and play second fiddle for a less talented runner... or go somewhere that protect him and given him the best chance to maximize his talent.

Would you want your kid to stay if they were poorly used and put in harms way on a regular basis?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
You mean the year before he can enter the draft.... it's a business decision. Keep getting hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and play second fiddle for a less talented runner... or go somewhere that protect him and given him the best chance to maximize his talent.

Would you want your kid to stay if they were poorly used and put in harms way on a regular basis?
I don't blame him for transferring. I want someone held accountable for this continued sh!tshow. Stricknine needs firing sooner rather than later. But I guess we don't want to mess up his incoming coaching class.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019

I'd welcome Geoff Collins as our D-Coordinator over Armstrong. Collins isn't coaching and collecting $ from GA Tech. He was a beast as our DC back in '15-'16 (see below).

Florida (2015–2016)[edit]​

Collins spent two years as the defensive coordinator at Florida underneath Jim McElwain. While with the Gators, Collins oversaw a defense that ranked No. 6 in scoring defense in 2016 and No. 11 in 2015.[5] During the 2015 season, Collins' defense became just the seventh team in the last 20 years to not allow a touchdown against three FBS Power 5 schools on the road in the same season.[1] During his time at Florida, Collins coached five defensive players that were drafted in the 2016 NFL Draft and produced a consensus All-American in Vernon Hargreaves. Hargreaves and safety Keanu Neal were drafted in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nope not displaced I know right where they are. He didn’t transfer he defected.
Reaction GIF

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Need to rip the Band Aid off and start over, but only if the Starkville Dip**** is rid of first. Serves zero purpose if he’s still around.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We're Northwestern, Boston College or maybe... sometimes...a better Vandy. No coach really wants to be here that wants it all.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Sidehat was a beast of a DC at Florida?? Really??
our D was ranked #11 and #6 in scoring defense his two years as our DC and he had 2 first round draft picks in 2016. If we would've had Collins during our Mullen years instead of "3rd and Grantham", we would've won the SEC 1-2 years and I believe we could've won the natty in 2020. He knows defense. Armstrong knows how to play GTA and Pokemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator