Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Billy was supposedly building us a roster that would at the very least stock the cupboards for the next guy. It's clear that he is no where near doing that any better than the last guy did, other than bringing in DJ Lagway, his QB ringer. The fate of both Billy-Bob Taggert and Stricknine is in the hands of a teenager from Texas, a hilarious setup for 2024. DJ's gonna have to recruit his own OLinesmen on top of calling all his own plays. His pair of Idiot OL coaches didn't go out and get DJ any decent Hogs to block for him. So expect a transfer soon after his 2nd year. Pathetic. We may be headed towards civil unrest and election apocalypse anyhow. So with any luck, the season will be cancelled.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Billy was supposedly building us a roster that would at the very least stock the cupboards for the next guy.
With recruiting changes and the portal, this does not matter anymore.

I'm expecting at least ten wins next year, especially if this take upsets a bunch of people on this board. If it triggers you, please speak up. I get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With recruiting changes and the portal, this does not matter anymore.

I'm expecting at least ten wins next year, especially if this take upsets a bunch of people on this board. If it triggers you, please speak up. I get a lot of satisfaction out of it.
Not sure if you were being serious or not, but you have been steadfast in that Recruiting was the most important thing by a long shot.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Not sure if you were being serious or not, but you have been steadfast in that Recruiting was the most important thing by a long shot.
Was is the operatve word. Now it's how much of a bribe you can offer.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You can disagree all you want but even though they were starters they werent going to be next season. Both of them would be getting pushed to the bench by younger players if they stayed and neither are going pro even though that was what they wanted to do.
To which players are you referring- out transfers? We always tell one another that new, better talent is on the way, then they don't pan out and we start the cycle of optimism once again. Many of the players we lost were Simple hand-picks, some that played a lot. Why would we believe he gets it right this time?

OL and LBs that departed when Napier arrived, and apparently failed to recruit to stay would have been valuable. We don't even know if Napier made contact with those guys when he took over.

I can't believe we lost McClellan. I know, "he was no good", Few of our players are, I guess.

We are left at this point hoping they get it right and next fall is a pleasant surprise. Excuse me if I appear not to trust Napier and his evaluation apparatus.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Losing Scooby isnt that big of a deal. Just like losing Hill or Maz isnt a big deal. The big deal is that we are NOT aggresive in the portal upgrading the obvious weaknesses at those positions where the meh talent is transferring out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Losing scoobys not that big of a loss. Kind of a head scratcher. But I can definitely see graham getting a good bit of his snaps this year regardless.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What the Mother Clucker is going on? Why are starters leaving the Gators? We don't pay $$$ to the players like other teams? Not even starting players believe in what Billy is selling? If he's losing star player after starting player, why even keep Billy on staff? Holy crap. Sasse better be readying the hook on Stricknine and Billy sooner rather than later. Other teams just poaching away our best kids with cash offers and negative recruiting.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for allowing the negativity to get so out-of-hand. Come on guys, chin up, at least we're not Noles. /s
The Rats are abandoning ship. You know when the rats leave she’s going down.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
At the rate players are leaving the rest are going to have to play both ways to field a team.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I have no idea if he is decent, great, terrible. But at some point, these players have to look out for themselves. Are they all leaving because our deep roster tells them they will soon be out of a job? I wish.
Looking out for onesself is the very definition of untrustworthy. Mission first, Mates second, self last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator