Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I saw that since UW's coach left for Bama, they have 2 of 22 starters remaining and 15 have transferred to Power 4 teams. I think 4 went to Bama w/ DeBoer.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I saw that since UW's coach left for Bama, they have 2 of 22 starters remaining and 15 have transferred to Power 4 teams. I think 4 went to Bama w/ DeBoer.
This portal thing is a disaster. I hate it. I get the need for transferring in certain situations. This is free agency without any rules.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This portal thing is a disaster. I hate it. I get the need for transferring in certain situations. This is free agency without any rules.
If I were a student I would prefer to be paid, but I think NIL is hokey and an obvious way to pay athletes. Players should have to remain committed and transfers should be difficult. Before NIL, players had to make better decisions, or live with it. Transferring was not easy, it is now. What has to change to make paying players work, and causes players to make decisions they have to live with? I can see a single transfer without penalty, but the player should have to rescind NIL pro or over payments, bonuses.

On a side note, who is advising these kids, sanity checking NIL deals, revising or deleting ? Hard to believe all these kids are being paid, no matter how it's going on the field and with the team.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Now let's see Fabio with Retard Billy's #1 clipper Basic Training buzzcut.

27e3eefb668e3e16d5d2c5649bc97954.gif

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
If I were a student I would prefer to be paid, but I think NIL is hokey and an obvious way to pay athletes. Players should have to remain committed and transfers should be difficult. Before NIL, players had to make better decisions, or live with it. Transferring was not easy, it is now. What has to change to make paying players work, and causes players to make decisions they have to live with? I can see a single transfer without penalty, but the player should have to rescind NIL pro or over payments, bonuses.

On a side note, who is advising these kids, sanity checking NIL deals, revising or deleting ? Hard to believe all these kids are being paid, no matter how it's going on the field and with the team.
Can't wait until April 15th.
These twits and their "salaries" are going to realize they're 1099's and have to pay taxes on their "earnings".
IRS is going to have a field day.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can't wait until April 15th.
These twits and their "salaries" are going to realize they're 1099's and have to pay taxes on their "earnings".
IRS is going to have a field day.
I said this 2 years ago. I haven't heard of anyone sitting out due to not paying their taxes.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I said this 2 years ago. I haven't heard of anyone sitting out due to not paying their taxes.
It's coming, eventually. These spoiled entitled brats don't even try to hide their cash.
They're running around driving Lambo's, wearing fur coats and generally acting like , well entitled brats.
I'll laugh my azzz off when one of these guys gets made an example of.

Might be almost as funny as when they completely bury College Football Scholarships, and get back to actual student athletes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's coming, eventually. These spoiled entitled brats don't even try to hide their cash.
They're running around driving Lambo's, wearing fur coats and generally acting like , well entitled brats.
I'll laugh my azzz off when one of these guys gets made an example of.

Might be almost as funny as when they completely bury College Football Scholarships, and get back to actual student athletes.
Dude, I really don’t understand the hate for these kids. If I had been given that kind of cash when I was that age, for any reason, I would’ve been out of control. I closed a bar down 6-7 nights a week and I was a broke mfer. I’m sure I would have partied 24/7 and gotten kicked out of school.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, I really don’t understand the hate for these kids. If I had been given that kind of cash when I was that age, for any reason, I would’ve been out of control. I closed a bar down 6-7 nights a week and I was a broke mfer. I’m sure I would have partied 24/7 and gotten kicked out of school.
Jealousy tbh

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amen!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Oh, no doubt.
It's not the fact they have money, it's the fact they haven't earned a damned dime. You and I may have closed down the bars, but, you and I weren't given the money to do it. Personally, I've had a job since I was 12 years old.

Of course, most young kids would do the same things these kids are doing now. Thats not what I'm pissed off about.
It's the growing entitlement attitude and the exorbitant lifestyles these kids are, all of a sudden, living. Most, not all, of these kids are not equipped to handle everything that comes along with all this cash and entitlement.
Taxes are just one issue.

I'm not sure what we, as a society, are breeding here. Because, there are a lot of things that go along with a kid that's flush with cash. Bad things.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Because, there are a lot of things that go along with a kid that's flush with cash. Bad things.
Fortunately, those bad things don't last long, because nothing blows all their cash faster than a young man. These guys simply won't have a lot of money very long.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Truthfully, I don't think all young men are like that. Some, for sure.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It's not the fact they have money, it's the fact they haven't earned a damned dime. You and I may have closed down the bars, but, you and I weren't given the money to do it.

Hate to break it to you, but most college kids (athletes or not) are there on someone else's dime: usually mom and dad's.

The cost of tuition, housing, books, cost of living (apartment, food, power, etc.) is in the tens of thousands per year--college kids aren't covering that on a part-time salary working 20~ hrs a week at or under $15 an hour.

I don't agree with any part of the current NIL system and think it's ruining college sports; but let's not pretend like your average college student has earned every dollar they're spending either.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fortunately, those bad things don't last long, because nothing blows all their cash faster than a young man. These guys simply won't have a lot of money very long.

Oh I think you worry too much. I bet the amount of investment accounts set up in the past few years is staggering. As long as they don’t discover Italian made sports cars or establishments that encourage young women to remove their clothes in exchange for money(both of which seem unlikely), they should be fine.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to break it to you, but most college kids (athletes or not) are there on someone else's dime: usually mom and dad's.

The cost of tuition, housing, books, cost of living (apartment, food, power, etc.) is in the tens of thousands per year--college kids aren't covering that on a part-time salary working 20~ hrs a week at or under $15 an hour.

I don't agree with any part of the current NIL system and think it's ruining college sports; but let's not pretend like your average college student has earned every dollar they're spending either.
Mine has, you insensitive prick :lol:

Buuuuuut, she's UF online, so it's not anywhere near as much as for on campus students :dance:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Are you seriously trying to compare the tuition, room and board that "normal" college kids pay for with part time jobs or loans combined with supplemental support from parents, which is probably about $80,000 in debt after a 4 year degree, to the $10,000.00 to $40,000.00 PER MONTH, these athletes are getting?

Good grief, In addition, most kids will be in debt for years after graduation. If anything, what you just posted supports my stance on these entitled twits.
First off, they're not in college to be in college and play football. They're only going to school, to get what they think they need to get to the NFL.
They're nothing more than mercenaries, looking for the best place to play with the best NIL deal. Period.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Are you seriously trying to compare the tuition, room and board that "normal" college kids pay for with part time jobs or loans combined with supplemental support from parents, which is probably about $80,000 in debt after a 4 year degree, to the $10,000.00 to $40,000.00 PER MONTH, these athletes are getting?

Good grief, In addition, most kids will be in debt for years after graduation. If anything, what you just posted supports my stance on these entitled twits.
First off, they're not in college to be in college and play football. They're only going to school, to get what they think they need to get to the NFL.
They're nothing more than mercenaries, looking for the best place to play with the best NIL deal. Period.

No, I'm stating the factual observation that the overwhelming majority of college kids are there on someone else's dime. Whether they get Bright Futures from the State, an athletic scholarship, or whether mom & dad just give them the cash---none of them have "earned" it beyond studying hard or having above-average athletic abilities.

Honestly, your posts reek of rank jealousy. The athletes aren't doing anything wrong for taking money that's being freely offered.

Again, I hate NIL--hate the media blowhards that drove the whole "pay the players" nonsense, hate the politicians that signed off on it, and hate the NCAA for being clueless morons in how to set it up. My scholarship was in track and for darn sure I wouldn't have benefited from the current system. NIL is weighted towards the 2-3% of college athletes who *may* have a professional future and of that, it's predominantly in two sports (football and basketball). Unless you're a really hot girl, few to any regular student athletes benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.