Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True, but I'm curious to the accuracy of the rumors that Sasse very straightforward told Nape that this year is 7 wins or he's out. I know it was hinted at by several people after the season. IAKOW being one fwiw.
7 wins shouldnt be enough but it might as well be asking URG to slam dunk.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
7 wins shouldnt be enough but it might as well be asking URG to slam dunk.
We both agree here, but at least its something.

We know the data on every. single. national title winning coach hired since Stoops. We know that those coaches did what they did without the transfer portal to flip rosters. But again, its something.

We know that even with 7, there should be a much higher bar, even with a first year starter QB (let's ignore the first year start QB Heisman winners since 2007), but the built in excuse is first year starter so 7-8 wins by year 4 would be good (and yes, I've seen that on Twitter minus first year starter stuff if you wanna find my reaction to that person).

But again, if its true, at least there is a bar. Though, I think that bar goes away if we lose to Miami. If we start 1-2 (because people piss down their legs about a team that only has 3 above .500 SEC seasons in 12 years for some reason and act like their peak Bama), I think you see the Mizzou 2014 chants come back.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We know that even with 7, there should be a much higher bar, even with a first year starter QB (let's ignore the first year start QB Heisman winners since 2007), but the built in excuse is first year starter so 7-8 wins by year 4 would be good (and yes, I've seen that on Twitter minus first year starter stuff if you wanna find my reaction to that person).
If the guy has any chance to be competitive eventually, 7 this seems reasonable. 5 of our first 7 are at home. Hope the staff can get there. Thinking of Deboer at Washington. Two years in he's playing for the NC.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the idea of retaining a coach at the university of florida for a 4th year when hes given us 2 losing seasons ripe with disastrous game and clock management, embarrassing specials teams, and near zero fundamental football, because he went 7-5 in year 3 is the exact reason he wont get 7 in year 3. he and the bums who hire and fire guys like him are all absolute flaming retards.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True, but I'm curious to the accuracy of the rumors that Sasse very straightforward told Nape that this year is 7 wins or he's out. I know it was hinted at by several people after the season. IAKOW being one fwiw.
Yeah, I don’t believe anything that IAKOW says. That dude knows nothing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
the idea of retaining a coach at the university of florida for a 4th year when hes given us 2 losing seasons ripe with disastrous game and clock management, embarrassing specials teams, and near zero fundamental football, because he went 7-5 in year 3 is the exact reason he wont get 7 in year 3. he and the bums who hire and fire guys like him are all absolutely flaming retards.

Every time I think we’ve got Durty firmly on board the pro-Napier train, he drops hints like this that perhaps there’s still some work to do.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
the idea of retaining a coach at the university of florida for a 4th year when hes given us 2 losing seasons ripe with disastrous game and clock management, embarrassing specials teams, and near zero fundamental football, because he went 7-5 in year 3 is the exact reason he wont get 7 in year 3. he and the bums who hire and fire guys like him are all absolutely flaming retards.
I may very well take Oxs advice to stop watching all together if this happens. Its been 12 years already.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I may very well take Oxs advice to stop watching all together if this happens. Its been 12 years already.
If by some apocalyptic level series of events, this mental mustard seed manages to get a 4th year after another embarrassing season, I will fully check out. Completely. I'm sure ox will be pleased about my absence so there's always that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Even if he gets to 7 wins he would still be sub .500....didn't we fire the 3 previous assh@les while they were above .500?

I'm also not giving any passes for "this years schedule"....every team in the country is starting off in a new era with a sh!t ton of new players just like we are AND some on our schedule have new coaching staffs which means theoretically we should have an advantage over them.

Time to take the training wheels off Karl. It's his 3rd year and he owns it now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I firmly believe he has to win more than 7 games, I don't care what the schedule is. It's his 3rd year.

Saying that, there's zero doubt in my mind that 7 wins gets him 2025.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The whole board is going absent in six weeks.

Oliver Welke Party GIF by ZDF heute-show

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought someone bought the board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays