21 year old Matt Wolff take 2 shot lead into final round of US Open

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing. Second time playing in a major, and first US Open. Winged Foot is taking its toll on the field with only Wolff, DeChambeau, and Oosthuizen under par. Might be some crazy golf tomorrow. Final pairing features two of the most unorthodox swings on the PGA.

The rough there is so nasty, I'm amazed at how well some of these dudes can hack it out of there. Its one thing to throw darts at the pin from the fairway, but how in the hell are they able to consistently hit it pin high on some of these tough greens from that cabbage?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He played lights out today. Only 1 bogey. Only 12 fairways in regulations through 3 days. Said in the other thread his hitch and swing might be worse than Furyk.

That roughy has to be 7”-8” at this point and I’m sure it’s stickier than fly paper.

21 & 27 in the final pairing.

DeChambeau would annoy the schit out of me with all his talking.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And why are there so many leghumpers out there and only 1 Gator?

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Shaping up to be a good final round. I love the golf course. It may not look like anything special on TV, but it’s only about 40 minutes from where I grew up and was designed by the same course architect (Tillinghast) as my home course. I can tell you it’s a very strategic course, brilliant but subtle. And you have to be in the right spot on the greens. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s round.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He played lights out today. Only 1 bogey. Only 12 fairways in regulations through 3 days. Said in the other thread his hitch and swing might be worse than Furyk.

That roughy has to be 7”-8” at this point and I’m sure it’s stickier than fly paper.

21 & 27 in the final pairing.

DeChambeau would annoy the schit out of me with all his talking.
Wolff's takeaway is crazy but he drops that club way into the slot. It actually makes sense in a crazy sorta way.

I got to play Torrey Pines one year after a tourney, it wasn't even the US Open setup, just the Buick/Farmers, but it was almost unplayable for a handicap golfer.

DeChambeau is annoying, but its hard to to recognize his genius. The announcers today, you could tell they don't like the shift from the traditional approach to golf, but they all had to begrudgingly admit his deal is working.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wolff's takeaway is crazy but he drops that club way into the slot. It actually makes sense in a crazy sorta way.

I got to play Torrey Pines one year after a tourney, it wasn't even the US Open setup, just the Buick/Farmers, but it was almost unplayable for a handicap golfer.

DeChambeau is annoying, but its hard to to recognize his genius. The announcers today, you could tell they don't like the shift from the traditional approach to golf, but they all had to begrudgingly admit his deal is working.
Torrey next year. I might have to hit you up to play somewhere. It’s a bucket list but so is Pebble which is on the radar in the next 6-9 months.

I’m incredibly impressed with Wolff. Really like his mental toughness and think he can close it but he won’t get a wink of sleep tonight.

DeChambeau is just the mad scientist. He over analyzes everything but it all makes since. He’s verbalizing everything that’s going through our head, but not said aloud.

Fuchs Reed. Love bed seeing his pompous ball licking ass play like schit the back 9. Can’t stand his cheating ass.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very cool, I didn't know that. I'll bet that was a blast.
Few years ago he was out here for the (former) Reno-Tahoe Open (Montreux). I went up to Arrowcreek to play as a single and had a Gator hat on. He came into the Pro Shop to get a round of practice in and saw me and my hat. We conversed and he invited me to join for a few hole. Too much fun.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Torrey next year. I might have to hit you up to play somewhere. It’s a bucket list but so is Pebble which is on the radar in the next 6-9 months.

I’m incredibly impressed with Wolff. Really like his mental toughness and think he can close it but he won’t get a wink of sleep tonight.

DeChambeau is just the mad scientist. He over analyzes everything but it all makes since. He’s verbalizing everything that’s going through our head, but not said aloud.

Fuchs Reed. Love bed seeing his pompous ball licking ass play like schit the back 9. Can’t stand his cheating ass.

If you really want to have nightmares, try figuring out the vector putting method that Bryson uses to aim his putts. I mean it makes mathematical sense but plotting all that data and coming up with the equation that makes the putt go in is too much work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator