3 Yrs as a 5 * or 5 Yrs as a 3*

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I have always been intrigued by the difference to a college fb team between a 3 star who plays 5 yrs and a 5 star who leaves after 3. I swear I heard the Cotton Bowl announcer say Michigan State was losing 20, yes 20, fifth year seniors and 3 more srs. Can that possibly be correct? And, assuming Bryan Cox stays and has a great seníor season, how do you think his overall contribution compares to, say, Dante Fowlers?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That can easily be correct.. If there are 85 scholarships and they average about 22 kids a class... it is certainly possible to have a class that stayed together. Michigan State has had a pretty good run with those seniors so most of them were probably contributing. They have had a couple stars (LeVeon Bell), but mostly just a lot of solid players that can succeed in the Big 10.

Cox won't compare to Fowler. He isn't the same type of physical freak Fowler is. Cox can have a good year... would love to see him be like an Alex Brown next year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That can easily be correct.. If there are 85 scholarships and they average about 22 kids a class... it is certainly possible to have a class that stayed together. Michigan State has had a pretty good run with those seniors so most of them were probably contributing. They have had a couple stars (LeVeon Bell), but mostly just a lot of solid players that can succeed in the Big 10.

Cox won't compare to Fowler. He isn't the same type of physical freak Fowler is. Cox can have a good year... would love to see him be like an Alex Brown next year.
I like Cox. He's a disruptor. Always seems to be around and making something happen.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What about Andres Debose? A 5 star for 5 years, the best of both!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who said he was back ;)
49823316.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it deoends on the position. For the OL, Id much rather have 5 years of a 3 star. Ditto for DT. For many of the skill positions 3 years of a 5 star is better.

6 years of Andre Debose or 5 years of Moses Jenkins is never good.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it deoends on the position. For the OL, Id much rather have 5 years of a 3 star. Ditto for DT. For many of the skill positions 3 years of a 5 star is better.

6 years of Andre Debose or 5 years of Moses Jenkins is never good.
Don't forget my man Wondy Pierre-Louise

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Deose was only here for 6 years? I thought he was on the 1906 team?

AD 1906.jpg

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Doing what? Is he part of the grounds crew?
Saw him on ST during some game this year, forget which game and team but saw a dude running around with Pierre-Louis on the jersey and was like holy crap, that guy is on a team!?!?!

Wasn't preseason either bc I didn't watch a single preseason game.

Edit - I did a Google search and didn't find much on him. Anyone else in the NFL with that last name? I swear I saw the name this past season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw him on ST during some game this year, forget which game and team but saw a dude running around with Pierre-Louis on the jersey and was like holy crap, that guy is on a team!?!?!

Wasn't preseason either bc I didn't watch a single preseason game.

Edit - I did a Google search and didn't find much on him. Anyone else in the NFL with that last name? I swear I saw the name this past season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be Kevin Pierre-Louis. No relation to Wondy.

Although Wondy does have an older brother named Kevin Pierre-Louis who just finished up his senior season and played for Mac at CSU. But that Kevin Pierre-Louis is also a guy that won't play in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator