4* DE/DT Shavar Manuel commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still think he is a solid get by Mac. I didn't realize he fell out of the top 100. If they can get him back into shape he should be decent.

It's a little more complicated than that. To my understanding he mainly play DE last year. This year he has shifted a lot more inside to play more DT which will probably be his natural position at the next level. In doing so he put on weight and he's had issues playing with the added weight. I'm just going based off of what I've read. I haven't seen any of his games. He was a sack machine last year, but again I think it's because he changed positions this year. I think he will be more of a hybrid like Bullard in our system instead of a straight DT.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
200_s.gif

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This kid will be a bulldozer by the time hes a sophomore

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's a little more complicated than that. To my understanding he mainly play DE last year. This year he has shifted a lot more inside to play more DT which will probably be his natural position at the next level. In doing so he put on weight and he's had issues playing with the added weight. I'm just going based off of what I've read. I haven't seen any of his games. He was a sack machine last year, but again I think it's because he changed positions this year. I think he will be more of a hybrid like Bullard in our system instead of a straight DT.

DTs will definitely have less sacks than DEs so that would explain the drop in production. I bet they RS him to get him into the role they want him to play. He had 20 sacks his JR year so the potential is there.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Given some of the teams we play, DT is the most important position on the defense. If you can't stop the inside run game, you get gutted over and over and over.

Great get. Welcome to Gator Nation, Shavar Manuel! You have chosen wisely.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Best dlineman in the state . probably my favorite dlineman in this class. Huge get

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was told on another board he was rated 5-star. This is a little disappointing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was told on another board he was rated 5-star. This is a little disappointing.
All 4 star DTs are 5 stars.

It's a corollary to the rule that all west coast 5 stars are 3 stars.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this will take some getting used to.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should be a good commit. We'll be fine.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ask him if he had any LB's?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why am I still shocked when some people on here are super negative about a clearly positive thing? Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator