5 Greatest Quarterbacks to Ever Play College Football

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n239085 said:

Zook had Fedora as OC, and Fedora was pretty good. His first OC was horrible.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion, Tommie Frazier is the only quarterback on that list that their is an argument he was better than Wuerfell, Of the five I would go:

1. Tommie Frazier (2 NC's no one ran that offense better)
2. Danny W.
3. Timmy Tebow
4. Charlie Ward
5. Matt I shouldn't be on this Lienart.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n239097 said:
In my opinion, Tommie Frazier is the only quarterback on that list that their is an argument he was better than Wuerfell, Of the five I would go:

2. Danny W.
3. Timmy Tebow
4. Charlie Ward

Tebow was better than Danny.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin here to discredit the list for not including Peyton in 3...2...1...

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n239123 said:
Alvin here to discredit the list for not including Peyton in 3...2...1...

Alex.

peyton 'i could never win anything' manning?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;239097 said:

2. Danny W.
3. Timmy Tebow
4. Charlie Ward

I have no memory of any Frazier other than Joe and Walt. Also, you may need to turn in your Gator card...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n239133 said:
I have no memory of any Frazier other than Joe and Walt. Also, you may need to turn in your Gator card...

If you don't remember Tommie Frazier, I guess you didn't watch the 1995 National Championship game between Nebraska and UF. That game alone is why we hired Bob Stoops.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n239097 said:

2. Danny W.
3. Timmy Tebow
4. Charlie Ward

Tebow's numbers are mind boggling.

Let's compare Tommie Frazier's rushing to Tim Tebow's: In yards, it's Tebow at almost 3,000 and Frazier at almost 2,000. In touchdowns, it's Tebow with an NCAA record 57 and Frazier with 36.

Those numbers are significantly in Tebow's favor. Both played 4 years (Frazier lost half a year to injury, Tebow spent a year splitting time with Leak). Both have 2 MNCs (although Tebow wasn't the starting QB for one of those). I believe those stats subtract yardage lost due to sacks as well (of which Tebow must have had more than Frazier) but I'm not sure.

Now let's compare passing numbers. Tebow threw for over 9,000 yards with 88 touchdowns to 15 ints. Frazier threw for just over 4,000 yards and 47 touchdowns to 18 ints.

Again, those numbers are significantly in Tebow's favor. He pretty much doubles Frazier in every category except ints.

Tebow's TD to INT ration is astonishing.

No way would I put Tommie Frazier over Tim Tebow.

Alex.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n239140 said:
It's official, douglas is now owned by Alex.

giphy.gif

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;239136 said:
If you don't remember Tommie Frazier, I guess you didn't watch the 1995 National Championship game between Nebraska and UF. That game alone is why we hired Bob Stoops.

Sarcasm eludes you...

But, no. I have no memory of him...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n239031 said:
SOS?
Sumlin?

SOS's best days are far behind him, like 10 years behind. His most successful offenses at USCe have featured a QB who ran better than he passed. Sumlin is starting to lose his surprise element and will be completely figured out by years end. Even Malzahn will start to taper off this year, his offense is based too heavily having a Nick Marshall or Cam Newton.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n239138 said:
Tebow's numbers are mind boggling.

Let's compare Tommie Frazier's rushing to Tim Tebow's: In yards, it's Tebow at almost 3,000 and Frazier at almost 2,000. In touchdowns, it's Tebow with an NCAA record 57 and Frazier with 36.

Those numbers are significantly in Tebow's favor. Both played 4 years (Frazier lost half a year to injury, Tebow spent a year splitting time with Leak). Both have 2 MNCs (although Tebow wasn't the starting QB for one of those). I believe those stats subtract yardage lost due to sacks as well (of which Tebow must have had more than Frazier) but I'm not sure.

Now let's compare passing numbers. Tebow threw for over 9,000 yards with 88 touchdowns to 15 ints. Frazier threw for just over 4,000 yards and 47 touchdowns to 18 ints.

Again, those numbers are significantly in Tebow's favor. He pretty much doubles Frazier in every category except ints.

Tebow's TD to INT ration is astonishing.

No way would I put Tommie Frazier over Tim Tebow.

Alex.

Tebow played in 56 games as a Gator Player (actual stats in 56 different games, started 41 of those games), Tommie Frazier played in 35. Frazier and Wuerfell were pulled out of their games and more of their games than Tebow was. How many times were Frazier and Wuerfell done before the half way in the 3rd quarter. More time of the field usually means more stats amassed (ask P. Manning). Tommie Frazier and Danny Wuerfell played in an era that wasn't as offensive centric by the rule book and how games are called by the refs. Put either in the era that Tebow played in what would their stats be like? Can you imagine Wuerfell with receivers not being touched after 5 yards? They would get to play more games over a 4 year career (NCAA approved a longer schedule in 2005 (first season was 2006). Passing stats for Tebow are better than Frazier, and who didn't expect that. Frazier ran the triple option, he was asked to run a particular offense and ran it extremely efficiently. That is like comparing Wuerfell's rushing stats to Tebows, different style of offense. Tebow was a better passer than Frazier, without a doubt. Wuerfell was a better passer than Tebow. Different offenses. None of the three could run the others offense the way the other player did. All three were special players, that we have been given the opportunity to watch. In my opinion Tommie Frazier and Danny Wuerfell ran their offenses more efficiently than Tebow ever ran the Florida Offense.

To use Stats alone in Football without the context of those stats is like saying Ox's favorite Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is better than either Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach, because he has all the statistical records.

PS sorry you have a hater like T on your side....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n239156 said:
SOS's best days are far behind him, like 10 years behind. His most successful offenses at USCe have featured a QB who ran better than he passed. Sumlin is starting to lose his surprise element and will be completely figured out by years end. Even Malzahn will start to taper off this year, his offense is based too heavily having a Nick Marshall or Cam Newton.

So now you can see the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.