7 Conceivable Week One Upsets That Would Shake up the Title Race

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since when was FSU on the same level as Ohio state and Alabama? Lord, they said "The Florida States, the Alabamas, and the Ohio states will always be good". FSU won 1 title with one of the weakest schedules in college football against a lucky auburn team and that automatically makes them on top programs level, even after about a decade of mediocrity. Man, I hate these "Experts"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for Louisville and Vtech pulling the upsets.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, should these results occur they would shake up the playoff race - but not irreparably, IMO. If you're going to lose, lose early. While pOSU's schedule is weak, they're the "it" program of the moment, so they would certainly be in the conversation with just one loss. TCU might be the only one listed in this piece that could be done in losing their first game. I think all the others could rebound by running the table. While on paper pOSU seems to be head & shoulders above everyone else - the remainder of the field seems fairly balanced, each with fairly glaring issues. Should make for a fun season.

And I agree with the poster above. It is sickening to see the Clowns mentioned along with college football royalty. That friggin goober of an HC, along with that sad clown riding that flea-bitten nag in that dump of a city and a team populated with misogynistic, shop-lifting street thugs belong in prison (players) or selling used cars (coaches), not in the same sentence with those programs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n269975 said:
And I agree with the poster above. It is sickening to see the Clowns mentioned along with college football royalty. That friggin goober of an HC, along with that sad clown riding that flea-bitten nag in that dump of a city and a team populated with misogynistic, shop-lifting street thugs belong in prison (players) or selling used cars (coaches), not in the same sentence with those programs.

I'd like to know how you really feel. Come on now, don't hold back on us!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I really think VT has a chance to beat OSU. Their defense is going to be stout again this year, and OSU basically has no receiving corps. I mean, Braxton Miller is their #2 guy, for crying out loud. And that place is going to be rocking. I don't know if it'll actually happen, but there's a chance.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Go Hokies. I'll be up there the next weekend, may go to their game against Furman.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n270034 said:
I really think VT has a chance to beat OSU. Their defense is going to be stout again this year, and OSU basically has no receiving corps. I mean, Braxton Miller is their #2 guy, for crying out loud. And that place is going to be rocking. I don't know if it'll actually happen, but there's a chance.

Everyone drooling over FSU or Clem Tech winning the A-She-She, while the Hokies may surprise.

One thing to remember, the last team to win the title after being preseason #1 was USC in 2004. The pressure is on Urban, and his tummy won't be able to handle it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I hope VT has a good season this year. My son's a senior up there and he hasn't had a lot to cheer about when it comes to football. Beating OSU again would be a great start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator