8 UF baseball players sign contracts

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All 8 UF players drafted have signed deals w/ MLB teams. I'm no baseball scout, but it blows my mind that Puk is getting $4.5 million and Shore is getting $1.5 million:

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...=Shore-inks-deal-with-A-s-all-8-Gators-signed

UF junior ace Logan Shore signed with the Oakland Athletics, who drafted him with their second-round pick in last month's MLB draft. The righty agreed to a $1.5 million deal, signing over slot.

Shore will likely join UF teammate AJ Puk in Vermont with the A's Single-A affiliate. His deal means that all eight Gators drafted last month have signed professional contracts, totaling $10,955,800.

Puk signed for $4.5 million, Dane Dunning agreed with the Washington Nationals for $2 million, Buddy Reed signed with the San Diego Padres for $1.075 million, Pete Alonso signed with the New York Mets for $909,200, the Boston Red Sox and Shaun Anderson agreed at $700,000, Scott Moss signed with the Cincinnati Reds for $577,400 and Kirby Snead agreed to a $125,000 deal with the Toronto Blue Jays.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
All 8 UF players drafted have signed deals w/ MLB teams. I'm no baseball scout, but it blows my mind that Puk is getting $4.5 million and Shore is getting $1.5 million.

Congrats to all these guys. Hoping they all make it big in MLB. Regarding Puk's $4.5m to Shore's $1.5m, it's all pretty much slotted and it simply boils down to what number pick you are. In that regard, it's very similar to the other pro sports these days. The difference between what a top 10 guy gets compared to a second round pick is millions of dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.