A 3* C-USA DB for the recruitniks

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Kalan Reed, high school dB who played in cusa so his 19 pass break-ups with 4 ints, two of which were pick sixes don't mean much. He didn't even get invited to the combine.
So, of course, the NFL will have little interest. Will their interest be piqued even a little by his pro day performance? Forty in 4.38, vertical of 41.5 (how many at the combine beat the vertical?)
But he was only a 3* and played against Driskel in cusa (and we know Driskel didn't throw against good dbs in cusa. Probably won't even be drafted.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like his measurables.

That doesn't sound right.

:burn2:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I confused. Is this kid in high school, college or in the NFL? Is he a 3 star or is he just a Star like Driskel? Is he from Syracuse , NY or did he play at Syracuse ?

Very confusing post

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good point Ancient. We should only recruit 3*s.

Lay off the sauce.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I confused. Is this kid in high school, college or in the NFL? Is he a 3 star or is he just a Star like Driskel? Is he from Syracuse , NY or did he play at Syracuse ?

Very confusing post

I thought he meant Syracuse also, but then I realized he meant Conference USA.... at least... I think that is what he meant. Still not sure the point of the overall post though

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I thought he meant Syracuse also, but then I realized he meant Conference USA.... at least... I think that is what he meant. Still not sure the point of the overall post though
How does a high school DB play in conference USA?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I meant exactly what I said. A high school 3* that plated in alower ranked program Syracuse might be abbreviated 'cuse, but cusa is an athletic conference.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What's the point of this thread?
Just gigging those who worship the stars and believe that the sec is the only football conference. In particular several on this board have dismissed Driskel's recent numbers because he didn't face good dbs.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just gigging those who worship the stars and believe that the sec is the only football conference. In particular several on this board have dismissed Driskel's recent numbers because he didn't face good dbs.

I am with ancient on this one.
Driskel was the guy that suffered the most under the idiot. It is coming out more and more that the idiot destroyed the players confidence on offense with his psycho approach.
I am not saying he will be a star but don't kid yourself, he will be drafted because he has gobs of talent and upside.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So. Miss, 5'11 195lbs

decent size. since his pro day was likely small, he may get some individual workouts.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So. Miss, 5'11 195lbs

decent size. since his pro day was likely small, he may get some individual workouts.
Already having them. There are already stories on whether Pittsburgh takes him or Hargreaves. You guys are all knowledgeable and smart, but you don't realize how much attending camps affects ratings.
And talk about teaching to the test, parents groom some of the kids just for tests, ratings, and scholarships. Others live so deep in the woods they don't even know the camps exist. Doesn't mean all 3*s are good, just means that frequently one doesn't know.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are already stories on whether Pittsburgh takes him or Hargreaves.
From what I see, the experts have VHIII going anywhere from 5th to 14th. The Steelers don't pick until 25th, so don't know what article you were referencing as VHIII won't be around for the Steelers to worry about, so they can go ahead and select your 3* cusa DB.
I still don't see Kalan Reed's name anywhere in any mock draft I've looked at - what I do see is Alexander, Apple, Fuller and Jackson all there on the Steeler Board, but no Reed.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...ck-nfl-draft-database-2016-tendencies-experts (dated April 5)

Now, is Reed underrated? That's what I'm reading, but I'm not seeing anyone who's looking at him ahead of these other guys I listed who've consistently played against tougher competition during their college careers (except for Jackson, he went to Houston, but he's got very similar measurables to Reed's). I'd be very surprised if Reed gets nabbed in front of any of these guys.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
From what I see, the experts have VHIII going anywhere from 5th to 14th. The Steelers don't pick until 25th, so don't know what article you were referencing as VHIII won't be around for the Steelers to worry about, so they can go ahead and select your 3* cusa DB.
I still don't see Kalan Reed's name anywhere in any mock draft I've looked at - what I do see is Alexander, Apple, Fuller and Jackson all there on the Steeler Board, but no Reed.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...ck-nfl-draft-database-2016-tendencies-experts (dated April 5)

Now, is Reed underrated? That's what I'm reading, but I'm not seeing anyone who's looking at him ahead of these other guys I listed who've consistently played against tougher competition during their college careers (except for Jackson, he went to Houston, but he's got very similar measurables to Reed's). I'd be very surprised if Reed gets nabbed in front of any of these guys.
Prepare to be surprised. I expect Hargreaves to go first, but Reed is moving up. It may have been TV, but the story said "Hargreaves slide...stops with Pittsburgh." Thought it was interesting that the "expert" thought Hargreaves was sliding. I, myself, thought his JR year was better than his SR. Also, I thought VH3 had the most dominating performance I had ever seen in a HS all-star game. Reed, on the other hand, got better every year and has distinctly better measureables. Don't expect to read much before the draft. By the way, what are the comparable measurements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator