A-Roid calls it quits

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you think he stands among the games best?

Even with the PED's I think he's 1st ballot HOF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you carve out the three seasons where he admitted to taking 'roids -- 2001-2003, during which time he averaged 52 home runs and 132 RBI -- he still had a HOF-worthy career. Assuming you believe his confession.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He must have had a p!$$ test coming up.
No, he was just playing like washed up garbage on a Rio beach this year and the Yanks were sick of paying him $20+ million for zero production.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how many of these mid30 and 40 year olds cant play anymore after their roids are taken away.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, he was just playing like washed up garbage on a Rio beach this year and the Yanks were sick of paying him $20+ million for zero production.

The Yankees still have to honor his contract, they just don't have to look at him anymore.

He should never be allowed in the HOF but I am speaking as if the game has any integrity. The reality is he will be a first ballot inductee

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be doing community relations for the Marlins in no time. He'd be perfect. Just ask Barry Bonds, their hitting coach.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be doing community relations for the Marlins in no time. He'd be perfect. Just ask Barry Bonds, their hitting coach.
Barry Bonds has been a joy to behold as their hitting coach. Well, except for Dee Gordon somehow testing positive for PEDs earlier this year. :facepalm:

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
As a life long Yankees fan, all I can say is, good riddance and be gone! Unfortunately, the dumb a$$ contract lingers and so does the foul stench of A-Rod but at least he is now going to be in the background. He really had one year that he contributed to the Yankees, in 2009, where he didn't choke in the post-season for the first time in his career and led the Yanks to a championship.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
As a life long Yankees fan, all I can say is, good riddance and be gone! Unfortunately, the dumb a$$ contract lingers and so does the foul stench of A-Rod but at least he is now going to be in the background. He really had one year that he contributed to the Yankees, in 2009, where he didn't choke in the post-season for the first time in his career and led the Yanks to a championship.

If what you say is true, then he was more hype than substance. Why would people think he's a first-ballot HOF candidate?

I don't follow mlb closely, so I truly don't know the lay of the land.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
If what you say is true, then he was more hype than substance. Why would people think he's a first-ballot HOF candidate?

I don't follow mlb closely, so I truly don't know the lay of the land.

He's put up good numbers throughout his career but come post season, his numbers were terrible; other than the 2009 championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator