Adam Shuler & David Reese Appreciation Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Watching the first half for the first time.

3 straight killer plays by Reese: the hit on the qb, the run stuff for one yard, then the INT. Dude is a baller. Thank god he’s back

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Gotta give CJ some major credit for this one. We were up by 20 at that point, but still put the effort to keep em down.

giphy.gif

leogator

May 5, 2018
Oh somebody else that I noticed favorably was Luke Ancrum. PFF gives him high grade for this game, 84.8/100

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 16.11.36.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 16.11.36.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 76

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Younshould probably remember him struggling vs Chas Southern w the third team. He had a bunch of missed tackles.

There was a lot of "WTF?" talk about Shuler after the Kentucky game. He's certainly redeemed himself and proven he's a very good football player (now the starter). I expect big things from him the rest of the way. Hopefully we can pull an upset this year and finish w/ 6+ wins.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was a lot of "WTF?" talk about Shuler after the Kentucky game. He's certainly redeemed himself and proven he's a very good football player (now the starter). I expect big things from him the rest of the way. Hopefully we can pull an upset this year and finish w/ 6+ wins.
I expected him to be a nice addition as a run stopper. It was definitely confusing to see him on the field playing poorly the first couple of games.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was pretty good against Colorado State but his stats don't reflect it. Just remember that he joined the Gators right before training camp and had not been under Savage's S&C or the installation of defense in the spring. So he was behind others.

In general, the defense played hard and fast!
didn't have Savage's S&C, but also didn't have Mac's pilates instructor for the previous 3 years like the rest of these dudes

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I expected him to be a nice addition as a run stopper. It was definitely confusing to see him on the field playing poorly the first couple of games.

He had a bad game vs. Kentucky, plain and simple (but so did the whole defense - especially the LB's).

He started 11 games last year at WVU. I expected a very good football player. I like that he's pushed Slaton. I think Slaton got complacent, thinking because of his size he wasn't losing the starting job. Shuler will very likely push him to play harder. Great, great addition to this team.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
David Reese's awesome (DON'T CALL IT A) comeback yesterday really helped set the tone for the dominant performance by the defense.
It was like turning on a switch from the previous week from the first play. The guy brings the "it" factor to the defense, not only tackling but motivating others to do the same. It was the worst tackling exhibition against KY that I can remember.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Concur on this thread and Reese will be important this coming weekend. When we play a spread team, Reese then becomes a liability, but we still need him against MSU, UGA, LSU etc.

speaking of the D, I am sorry to say this, but Jefferson appears to have mailed it in. Yes every now and then he shows up in the pile, but I personally do not see 100% effort on every play he is in there. And none of those guys are in a lot b/c they are rotating more than enough.
I don't know about mailing it in, but if you're going to fool around and get suspended for the first two games because of classroom "activities" why do you bother coming back as a senior. As the warden said in Cool Hand Luke, he needs to get his mind right.

It was the grad transfer Schuler that proved to be the beast. CeCe played 2nd fiddle.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We may have to finally admit that Grantham is not a complete waste. The guys got after it.
Yeah, after the KY "tackling" fiasco, it was hard not to cast blame on everyone, why should he have been exempt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was like turning on a switch from the previous week from the first play. The guy brings the "it" factor to the defense, not only tackling but motivating others to do the same. It was the worst tackling exhibition against KY that I can remember.
I wasnt expecting him to change the complexion of the decense given his speed and coverage liabilities.

Boy was I wrong.

I.love a guy that plays angry like that, offended that youd even try to run at him. His leadership is badly needed on the defense and I.expect some of those younger backsrs bo improve bc of his being on the field.

I wish we had that sort of presence on the offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator