I'm just not seeing the Ron white comparison

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n240605 said:
It is. Thanks for that.

However, they played 4 geographical schools, LSU, Vandy, and Kintucky. Seven games against pathetic offenses will really bolster your numbers. Of course, they played the two best offenses in the SEC also and got Ole Siss when Bo Driskel was in Doctor Jeckyll mode.

Having been here for the Zook and Hoke attempts at Bend But Don't Break defenses, I'm not fond of the genre. I like an attacking offense. If they beat us over the top, so be it.

The assertion that Cowbell has no defensive talent is questionable. Cowbell has always had a good to great defense. Cowbells were more than happy to see Collins leave and get Manny Diaz back. That bothers me a great deal. I hope they are wrong but they know the guy pretty well. At the same time we watch our own guys this year, we should note how quickly Diaz turns them around. That will tell us if the "lack of talent defense" has merit.

Bammers on the other hand seem confident that MacTatersalad is a great OC. I hope they are right.

Every team plays a handful of weak teams and have "bolstered numbers" so I'm not sure that hand plays well.

I am confident he will do well, then again I thought Muschamp would too so who knows.

Sept. 5th can't come soon enough that's all I know!

Dec 10, 2014
GatorJay26;n240538 said:
My narrative? Lol. Points are all that matters in football bottom line. His team's were top 25 in the only category that matters bud.

Also, our roster on D is waaayyyy more talented than anything he had at Mississipi State, AND we are in the lesser division.

Chin up pal, things are going to be alright 😉

Things are not going to be alright for TREX. Trust me.

Attachments

• conv_3548.gif
    conv_3548.gif
    914.5 KB · Views: 36

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Defensive numbers are always hard to judge. I think points against is usually the best judge, but if you are letting the other team hold the ball all day and just holding them to field goals you still may not have the ball enough to score.

I'm interested to see how the defense plays. I want to see a ton of pressure on the QB. With our secondary we should be able to get to the QB and hit them a bunch forcing teams to run the ball or make bad decisions which could really help our offense. We are going to need the turnovers this year to help with the poor OL.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n240753 said:
Defensive numbers are always hard to judge. I think points against is usually the best judge, but if you are letting the other team hold the ball all day and just holding them to field goals you still may not have the ball enough to score.

I'm interested to see how the defense plays. I want to see a ton of pressure on the QB. With our secondary we should be able to get to the QB and hit them a bunch forcing teams to run the ball or make bad decisions which could really help our offense. We are going to need the turnovers this year to help with the poor OL.

Great point ATX. Our defense played very good football in the latter part of last season. We will need them to take over games this year by ball hawking. Assuming that our offense will struggle a good bit of the time during games this season, it will be key in order to reach a winning season IMO. Someone will also have to take some int's and turn them into points.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Maybe it is just common defensive vernacular, but weren't the players at MSU and the players at UF describing the new DC as running a scheme that is 'flying around', aggressively having fun, etc? It depends upon our talent and what the coach decides to do. Is our LB line deep enough to enable us to attack that much?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CIdZHKkUkAAS1iN.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.