After effects of Hurricane

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hi guys...
I'm up here in New Hampshire...see where the storm is now in Georgia...How is it looking for tomorrow nights game? ...Loss of power, flooding etc.
thanks

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It should be fine. It's effect is mostly wind-gusts for now = 30 hours ahead of game time.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For the Gatorchatter members here in the path of the storm like me, I hope everyone is safe.

I'm an hour north of Gainesville, and everything is starting to return to normal.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hi guys...
I'm up here in New Hampshire...see where the storm is now in Georgia...How is it looking for tomorrow nights game? ...Loss of power, flooding etc.
thanks
It's coming your way - should see something from it by Monday.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi guys...
thanks

Where in NH? Went to UNH for two years straight outta high school, '69 -'71.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im heading down to St Pete Sunday for my wife and mine's anniversary trip. I hope it isnt terrible!

They are cleaning up the roads and some of the property damage, still some areas that are flooded over. I have a few downed trees, and a fence to fix (two busted posts). I was one of the lucky ones in my neighborhood. At least two of my neighbors had trees fall on their cars and a few had roof damage from uprooted trees.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They are cleaning up the roads and some of the property damage, still some areas that are flooded over. I have a few downed trees, and a fence to fix (two busted posts). I was one of the lucky ones in my neighborhood. At least two of my neighbors had trees fall on their cars and a few had roof damage from uprooted trees.

From a storm barely a Cat 1 that passed 200 miles west of the Tampa Bay area. Imagine a direct hit from just a 1 or 2 to the area. Scary. I worry for the family I have left down there since that area has basically been tempting fate for nearly 40 years without a direct hit.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
I'm local in Gainesville, mostly just debris on the streets and a few downed trees in my area. Actually sunny and breezy out now, I fully expect the game to be played tomorrow

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From a storm barely a Cat 1 that passed 200 miles west of the Tampa Bay area. Imagine a direct hit from just a 1 or 2 to the area. Scary. I worry for the family I have left down there since that area has basically been tempting fate for nearly 40 years without a direct hit.

The gusts at 5:30-6:30 last night in Clearwater were registering 70 mph... the waves bofore that and afterwards (11pm) were only about 20-30 mph. It got really nasty in some areas and in other areas just 10-15 miles away, just some light wind and rain.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm local in Gainesville, mostly just debris on the streets and a few downed trees in my area. Actually sunny and breezy out now, I fully expect the game to be played tomorrow

My parents are just north of Gainesville, when I heard from them about 10 am, they had been out of power since 3am

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
My parents are just north of Gainesville, when I heard from them about 10 am, they had been out of power since 3am

Yea I heard some people on the outskirts on Clay electric are having some issues with power outages.... I got lucky I guess, haven't heard of overwhelming outages in town... Hope you and your parents are good!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It passed directly over us last night. I have alot of leaves and branches down but no problems. Sun is shining and its nice and breezy....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I woke up to this... Never Forget.

rebuild.png

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im heading down to St Pete Sunday for my wife and mine's anniversary trip. I hope it isnt terrible!

The weather or you anniversary festivities? For your wife's sake, I hope you've picked up a new move or two since the honeymoon... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.