After effects of Hurricane

SwampSmack89

Sep 1, 2016
The weather or you anniversary festivities? For your wife's sake, I hope you've picked up a new move or two since the honeymoon... :D

BAHAHAHA, I guess I walked into that one! We'll see if this young buck can still put the moves on her. Im 27 and we have only been married for 4 years so for her sake I pray I havent emptied my bag of tricks :lmao2:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I live in North West Tampa. Rain. Nothing else. We've had worse thunderstorms this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My parents are just north of Gainesville, when I heard from them about 10 am, they had been out of power since 3am

my in-laws live in Gainesville as well. No power. I lived in Gainesville for 10 years and every time a storm came through power went out. GRU sucks.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just checked the weather in Gainesville. It says thunderstorms all day. Hard to trust these weather apps, how's it still looking for the ones living locally?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's looking like the forecast says. Overcast and breezy, threatening to rain. At least it ain't hot!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
BAHAHAHA, I guess I walked into that one! We'll see if this young buck can still put the moves on her. Im 27 and we have only been married for 4 years so for her sake I pray I havent emptied my bag of tricks :lmao2:

Bag of tricks? At 49, I'm just thrilled my standard equipment is still fully functional.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Just checked the weather in Gainesville. It says thunderstorms all day. Hard to trust these weather apps, how's it still looking for the ones living locally?

Its likely to rain on and off. Hopefully nothing serious.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
It should be played. The worst case scenario would just be a typical lightning delay I would think.
Thanks for the positivity. I just get really paranoid after the last couple of years. Forecast doesn't look good. Hopefully you are right.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the positivity. I just get really paranoid after the last couple of years. Forecast doesn't look good. Hopefully you are right.

Weather Underground has it a little over 50% chance of a thunderstorm at game time and a decreasing chance about 9pm so I think we will get the game in. After that Idaho game I think they would wait it out even if it was hours.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alachua Co. Sheriff ‏@AlachuaSheriff Sep 2
#HurricaneHermine fills #Swamp to proper playing levels! Pic of @GatorsFB prepping for @UMassFootball this morning.
CrV2MVBVYAATmjB.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We got a ton of rain and wind. 4 trees down on my main property, and one took out a fence and BARELY missed our main power line. Our rental house had the same exact situation. Could have been worse though.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We got a ton of rain and wind. 4 trees down on my main property, and one took out a fence and BARELY missed our main power line. Our rental house had the same exact situation. Could have been worse though.

Yea, I manage twenty two rental properties and they all were damage free....

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We lost power around 2am Friday morning and got it back around 6 pm Saturday just in time to shower and get ready for the game. Power was off around 40 hours and we had a political show here. There were power trucks setting around doing nothing because their stupidvisor in North Carolina wouldn't release them to help. Our sheriff called meeting with SVEC , Florida Power, Duke Power and called the Governor. Everybody got off their asses and got to work. I finally called SVEC around 3pm Saturday and told that I didn't have power and wanted to watch a football game at 7:30. :) They told me that nobody had reported a power outage. Either I or the governor has some pull. :thug2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator