Alabama CB coach - T Robb

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think Saban is rethinking this hire? This guy is a great recruiter and has been a terrible coach at every stop.

1666007108344.png

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That Bama game as well as our inability to get off the field on 3rd down is one of the reasons why there is little need to ever recruit true safetys anymore, unless you are going to make LB's out of them. Also the way the game is played today, by most teams, you need all cover guys on the back end, those that can play man to man all over the field. As I have said for years, the need for an intimidating safety is no longer. that only gets you penalties. It is not difficult to teach a CB to play safety if needed, but it is near impossible to teach a guy to cover if he has never had to nor has the athletic ability.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Combination of the vol’s offense being legit, and Robinson being all hype, zero substance.

I love when the phrase “great recruiter” gets attached to a coach who’s bounced around to a half dozen schools in less than a decade, typically getting fired for being terrible, leaving kids either poorly coached or at a school you’re not even at any more. In any other profession that would be called fraud. In cfb, it’s “great recruiter”.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In CFB, I always thought the term "great recruiter" when given to an assistant coach meant that coach was just the delivery boy for the "Bagmen".

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Bama has always struggled against teams with legit downfield passing attacks. However, like us, most teams believe that running it up the middle and throwing screens is the way to beat them.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Here is the real kicker and why I don't hink coaches ae smart. Saban should have told his defense to PI anything over 15 yards. Take the 15 yard penalty and leave 3-4 seconds on he clock and UT has to throw the hail mary or try a 65 yard fg to win it. Completing a 27 yard pass and a 50 yard fg towin it was just dumb fooball.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Combination of the vol’s offense being legit, and Robinson being all hype, zero substance.

I love when the phrase “great recruiter” gets attached to a coach who’s bounced around to a half dozen schools in less than a decade, typically getting fired for being terrible, leaving kids either poorly coached or at a school you’re not even at any more. In any other profession that would be called fraud. In cfb, it’s “great recruiter”.
The Devil is a great recruiter but falls a bit short on delivering what was promised.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama has always struggled against teams with legit downfield passing attacks. However, like us, most teams believe that running it up the middle and throwing screens is the way to beat them.
Yep. We're just gonna keep trying to beat em with ball control. We're gonna spend sabans entire tenure trying to emulate is 2007 team. Depressing, really.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
That, and true "dual-threat" QBs. Can't stop them for nothing...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That, and true "dual-threat" QBs. Can't stop them for nothing...
I remember when they contained shoelaces (Michigan QB). They didn't rush past him and forced him to step into the DTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator