Alex Anzalone to be honored in Sr Day ceremonies

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So I guess he isn't coming back? We really are going to struggle on defense next year and Mac & co. will have nobody to blame but themselves. Hope there's a miracle.

IMG_3333.JPG

Discuss.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No surprised considering he graduated in August and enrolled as a grad student. Tough way to end his career as he was having a solid year. Also, thanks to the seniors. They've endured through a crappy few years.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
About a month ago I bumped into Alex at a local business and talked to him for a few. Before I departed I told him I would love him to return next year but would totally understand if he left. He gave me a sly grin and wink and I knew what that meant. I thought he was leaving long before his injury this year b/c of his injury history. His football days are numbered b/c he can't stay healthy so any downs he plays from this point forward need to be for cash money.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the world is Rod Johnson being honored? Don't get me wrong, it's cool and I'm happy for him but I thought he was done with football, career ending injury? Also, what a bust Fulwood was...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the world is Rod Johnson being honored? Don't get me wrong, it's cool and I'm happy for him but I thought he was done with football, career ending injury? Also, what a bust Fulwood was...
Because he came here as a Gator four years ago and should be honored as such. He's still a part of the team, even if he isn't playing.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hard to tell on Fullwood if he was a bust due to talent or coaches. His size will get him looked at on the next level and who knows maybe he surprises with real coaches.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Normally I would laugh at the notion of Fullwood at the next level, but I will wish him well and say this. We have been awash with such "GREAT" coaching here the last 6 years, that guys who stunk out loud here are actually playing in the NFL. And Quinton Dunbar who played WR (and could not catch a cold) here, and never played a single down on defense, is in the NFL and has actually started as a CB. So I no longer think anything is out of the question regarding talent evaluation and development at UF.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
About a month ago I bumped into Alex at a local business and talked to him for a few. Before I departed I told him I would love him to return next year but would totally understand if he left. He gave me a sly grin and wink and I knew what that meant. I thought he was leaving long before his injury this year b/c of his injury history. His football days are numbered b/c he can't stay healthy so any downs he plays from this point forward need to be for cash money.
Yep, if he didn't go pro after this season, he would have needed to get his head checked. Just wish he could have stayed healthy during his time here - he's a talent for sure and I'm glad he chose to be a Gator, but his injury history will most likely impact his draft stock.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because he came here as a Gator four years ago and should be honored as such. He's still a part of the team, even if he isn't playing.

... and because he got injured beside his Gator teammates. Regardless of his lack of stardom he
risked bruises and injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.