We signed this guy?
filepicker%2FNl6kWqiiS0SucNGZiPzp_keith_stone.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure Chris Walker or Chiozza leave... I have heard that Carter may go, but I don't see that happening. I would also be surprised if Devon leaves, but somebody has to go...

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'd boot Casey Hill. Dude can't shoot FT'S or hit anything that's not a layup. He hasn't done $hit or gotten any better since he's been here.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I'd boot Casey Hill. Dude can't shoot FT'S or hit anything that's not a layup. He hasn't done $hit or gotten any better since he's been here.

There is no Casey Hill on our team, so I am not sure who you are talking about.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:

I get where you're coming from and the frustration it brings. Kasey Hill is about the fastest PG I think I've ever seen. If the guy could shoot worth a damn (he misses lots of layups as well), he'd probably be going pro. I do think we need him next year because I wouldn't want Chiozza to be our only point guard. I think Carter leaving would impact the team the least as he's always hurt and we can replace his shooting with Francis and Allen. Carter didn't even shoot that well this past year (36% overall and 30% from TPL), so I think he would hardly be missed.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I've heard Carter is gone and Devon might be as well. I also heard Chris Walker is coming back as long as his grades are good.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well someone might go on bright futures. If you are a Fl resident and qualify what would the difference be? Seems like you get the same training, eating, etc.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Marianna said:

Prather did nothing until his senior year. Parsons did nothing until his junior year. Don't write Hill off just yet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n210068 said:
Prather did nothing until his senior year. Parsons did nothing until his junior year. Don't write Hill off just yet.

That isn't really accurate... Prather had some good games (as did Hill) and Parsons had a solid Jr. year although he really took it up a notch in his senior year. The big difference is that neither one of them were 5* recruits.

With Kasey, I think he suffered last year because he didn't have a lot of talent around him. DFS was hurt or suspended early and Frazier got hurt later in the year. Hill had no post presence to throw the ball into and create a two man game. His lack of a shot certainly hurts him and the team, but the lack of talent around him also makes it harder for him to be a great PG. I do think Hill has a long way to go and I am hoping he can develop a shot and improved talent around him will make him a better player.

Just having a 7 footer in the middle will make a big difference for him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n210068 said:
Not to mention hill is light years better than chiozza. We wouldn't have a pg if hill left

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Atleast he can make a lay up. Chiozza is 5'8 with no jumpshot and zero ability to finish at the rim. Hill is also a good passer. Atleast he has that going for him

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
ATXGator;n210072 said:
That isn't really accurate... Prather had some good games (as did Hill) and Parsons had a solid Jr. year although he really took it up a notch in his senior year. The big difference is that neither one of them were 5* recruits.

With Kasey, I think he suffered last year because he didn't have a lot of talent around him. DFS was hurt or suspended early and Frazier got hurt later in the year. Hill had no post presence to throw the ball into and create a two man game. His lack of a shot certainly hurts him and the team, but the lack of talent around him also makes it harder for him to be a great PG. I do think Hill has a long way to go and I am hoping he can develop a shot and improved talent around him will make him a better player.

Just having a 7 footer in the middle will make a big difference for him.

Agreed. Maybe I should have said Prather and Parsons weren't consistent until their Senior and Junior years. Hill had flashes of brilliance, but he needs to learn when to turn on the speed and when to turn it off. And learn to make FTs. That was the killer.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n210084 said:
And learn to make FTs. That was the killer.

:exactly: Hill may not be great, but he could at least be serviceable if he made 70+% of his free throws. A PG has to be able to make free throws or they're a liability for the team.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n210088 said:
:exactly: Hill may not be great, but he could at least be serviceable if he made 70+% of his free throws. A PG has to be able to make free throws or they're a liability for the team.

Hill needs a new technique
jackiemoon.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unbelievably, I think Noah had a higher FT shooting % than Kasey.
tumblr_mv1fgppZAy1qcmnsoo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n40707FR4Y1qgiasao1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.