Alvin Bailey arrested

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The supposed saving grace for WM was that he cleaned up the program and brought in a better caliber player than his predecessor. Between Morrison, Tabor, JCJ, Harris, Gerald Willis, Bailey, Lane and Brantley(probably missing someone others), I'd say we've officially found yet another area in which WM sucked. At best, this area of "improvement" was significantly overstated.

Very stupid on Bailey's part and probably just cements his place at UF as being a total disappointment.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;251937 said:
The supposed saving grace for WM was that he cleaned up the program and brought in a better caliber player than his predecessor. Between Morrison, Tabor, JCJ, Harris, Gerald Willis, Bailey, Lane and Brantley(probably missing someone others), I'd say we've officially found yet another area in which WM sucked. At best, this area of "improvement" was significantly overstated.

Very stupid on Bailey's part and probably just cements his place at UF as being a total disappointment.

I agree. I thought he would've grabbed the slot position by now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n251945 said:
I agree. I thought he would've grabbed the slot position by now.

I'm much less patient with offensive skill position players, and tend to throw in the towel after a few years. Doesn't mean they can't or won't ever contribute. But if they haven't grabbed a spot by year 2 or 3, it usually means it's not going to happen. On offense, you either have it or you don't. Apparently he doesn't. It's a rarity that a WR emerges for the first in his JR/SR season. Murphy is one of the few recent exceptions that I can recall. Many more Justin Williams/Pittman types.

The one potential exemption is just the fact that the offense was an unmitigated disaster during his time. But Powell being asked by the new staff to go to SEC Media days, and seemingly beating AB out within his first year on campus says a lot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n251961 said:
I'm much less patient with offensive skill position players, and tend to throw in the towel after a few years. Doesn't mean they can't or won't ever contribute. But if they haven't grabbed a spot by year 2 or 3, it usually means it's not going to happen. On offense, you either have it or you don't. Apparently he doesn't. It's a rarity that a WR emerges for the first in his JR/SR season. Murphy is one of the few recent exceptions that I can recall. Many more Justin Williams/Pittman types.

The one potential exemption is just the fact that the offense was an unmitigated disaster during his time. But Powell being asked by the new staff to go to SEC Media days, and seemingly beating AB out within his first year on campus says a lot.

QBs swtiching to WR used to be our bread and butter. We haven't had a lot success with that in a long time. Bailey being the latest casualty.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
soflagator;n251961 said:

We'll wait and see what actual coaching can do. These poor kids have gone through a disaster. No excuse for the behavior issues tho.

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
soflagator;n251961 said:

[h=3]Dallas Baker, Touchdown Maker! [/h]

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n251856 said:
I hope he learns to be responsible from this. I also hope he can remain on the team and be productive. I think he has the athletic ability to do something, but he has to stay out of the coaches' dog house (perhaps now get out of the dog house).

MOM!

:ban2:

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251794 said:
This actually happened to me when I was 19. Failure to appear for an open container violation.

I got a citation for open container in G'ville for the 2012 LSU game. They were driving around in a blue Chevy crossover (like an Equinox or something similar) and when they saw my friend and me going from our tailgate to a house party a few blocks away, four GPDs jumped out like they had just come upon two baby rapists. Once they cooled down after making us pour out our delicious Sam Adams Cherry Wheats, I got to bullshítting with the ticketing officer. I asked him what would happen if I set the citation for a hearing. He said, "Let's say it this way. I've never been to court for one of these." So I took the prudent course of action and diligently mailed in my request for a hearing.

I received notice in the mail a few weeks later for my hearing which would take place approximately a month later. I conveniently forgot about said hearing until the day after it was held. I called the court, a little frantic. I explained my situation to the clerk and asked if I could have the hearing reset. She said that would not be possible and that the warrant for my arrest would be out in a few days. It would be a $2,000 bond for FTA: Open Container. I thought to myself, "Well, this sucks!" She asked me my name so she could verify. I gave it to her and she kindly told me that my case had been dismissed. I said, "Dismissed??!!" She said, "It appears that the ticketing officer didn't show up for court, so your case was dismissed. Today is your lucky day." I thanked her and got a big old smile on my face as I hung up the phone.

The funniest part about this is that my buddy paid the fine instead of setting his for a hearing. I think he wound up paying $273 or some ridiculous amount like that. SUCKER!!!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n252274 said:
I called the court, a little frantic. I explained my situation to the clerk and asked if I could have the hearing reset. She said that would not be possible and that the warrant for my arrest would be out in a few days. It would be a $2,000 bond for FTA: Open Container. I thought to myself, "Well, this sucks!" She asked me my name so she could verify. I gave it to her and she kindly told me that my case had been dismissed. I said, "Dismissed??!!" She said, "It appears that the ticketing officer didn't show up for court, so your case was dismissed. Today is your lucky day." I thanked her and got a big old smile on my face as I hung up the phone.

:eek:hnoes2:

then...

:bananadance:

then to your friend...

:jerkstore:

It was your lucky day. That could have gone south in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator