Alvin Bailey arrested

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This actually happened to me when I was 19. Failure to appear for an open container violation.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251794 said:
This actually happened to me when I was 19. Failure to appear for an open container violation.

Reading the hillsborough link it appears he was given a break with a notice to appear for a suspended license instead of a trip to the jail and then the knucklehead skipped his court date resulting in a 5K bond on him now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Nothing big here but it doesn't look good.

Yep as these recent things might not be major crimes but they are still misdemeanor arrests. Crazy getting 3 like this right before camp starts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;251795 said:
Reading the hillsborough link it appears he was given a notice to appear for a suspended license instead of a trip to the jail and then the knucklehead skipped his court date resulting in a 5K bond on him now.

I think mine was the same. It was over 20 years ago. I think I had an open container violation when I just had turned 19 and had a notice to appear. I got pulled over about a year later and got arrested. It was so damn humiliating.

Ended up paying a $200 bond. And then $75 for the open container fine. I can't remember why I didn't show up for the original appearance. Either I thought thought "who cares" or I didn't know I was supposed to appear. It was just a citation given to me by the local PD.

Regardless. Embarrassing.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator Fever;n251799 said:
Yep as these recent things might not be major crimes but they are still misdemeanor arrests. Crazy getting 3 like this right before camp starts.
Definitely not the way to start off a new season with a new staff. Bailey,Brantley, and "Shi*ty pants lane" are all now in the doghouse.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Looks like karma is rearing it's head again after the ludicrous criticism of FSU by a school's fans who have just had a player that is charged with four violent felonies. I think it's what you get when you act like you are holier than thou, yet have enough dirt surrounding you that Ajax can't remove.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251800 said:
I think mine was the same. It was over 20 years ago. I think I had an open container violation when I just had turned 19 and had a notice to appear. I got pulled over about a year later and got arrested. It was so damn humiliating.

Ended up paying a $200 bond. And then $75 for the open container fine. I can't remember why I didn't show up for the original appearance. Either I thought thought "who cares" or I didn't know I was supposed to appear. It was just a citation given to me by the local PD.

Regardless. Embarrassing.

The difference is his started out a misdemeanor according to the Clerk site as it must have been charged "with knowledge". I think an open container is a civil case usually until you don't pay the fine or miss the court date. Your right it is embarrassing and no one even seemed to know this happened in May due to the notice to appear being issued.

Edit: I do see some Florida Counties make open container violations a misdemeanor unlike the state law.

https://pubrec10.hillsclerk.com/Unsec...CaseID=7828291

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't there some type of rules where the players need to report such incidents to the team/school? And if so, wouldn't somebody there remind the kid to follow procedures and show up to resolve the issue? A case of not doing something snowballs in to a bigger issue.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n251813 said:
Isn't there some type of rules where the players need to report such incidents to the team/school? And if so, wouldn't somebody there remind the kid to follow procedures and show up to resolve the issue? A case of not doing something snowballs in to a bigger issue.

Maybe Bailey thought it would just go away if he didn't tell anyone and didn't show up to court. I swear that is the thinking some of these kids have now. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;251809 said:
The difference is his started out a misdemeanor according to the Clerk site as it must have been charged "with knowledge". I think an open container is a civil case usually until you don't pay the fine or miss the court date. Your right it is embarrassing and no one even seemed to know this happened in May due to the notice to appear being issued.

Edit: I do see some Florida Counties make open container violations a misdemeanor unlike the state law.

https://pubrec10.hillsclerk.com/Unsec...CaseID=7828291

Mine was in a different state. I was 19. And an idiot.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he learns to be responsible from this. I also hope he can remain on the team and be productive. I think he has the athletic ability to do something, but he has to stay out of the coaches' dog house (perhaps now get out of the dog house).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is inexcusable. We should get Muschamp back. At least he kept the kids out of trouble for the most part...

:run:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
EuroGator said:
I hope he learns to be responsible from this. I also hope he can remain on the team and be productive. I think he has the athletic ability to do something, but he has to stay out of the coaches' dog house (perhaps now get out of the dog house).
Come on guys. What is with the arrests for stupid stuff? Coach Mac needs to stomp this out quickly. We don't need this catching on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;251899 said:
This is inexcusable. We should get Muschamp back. At least he kept the kids out of trouble for the most part...
Hell, these arrests are fantastic news. We are on our way back, baby!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. If we could get at least one woman beating before August, we could contend for an SEC championship

I think we need at least one driveby shooting to be back in the national picture though.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n251915 said:
Exactly. If we could get at least one woman beating before August, we could contend for an SEC championship

I think we need at least one driveby shooting to be back in the national picture though.

We had that at Christmas vacation in Immokalee. So we're good to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.