Another preseason poll

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
that has Tennessee in the top 10. College Football News has UT at #3.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2016/post-spring-college-football-ranking-128-teams

I don't get it. Before their bowl game, they went on a 5 game win streak with the combined win total of those 5 teams was 18 games.

18 - 42 was the record of those 5 teams.

Vandy 4-8
Mizzou 5-7
Kentucky 5-7
USCe 3-9
North TX 1-11

Yet, we beat them for 11 straight years, our offensive line will be better than last year, we have much of the same defense that beat them last year. The media is putting sooo much pressure on UT that they are bound to crash and burn.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
The unfortunate reality is that UT should actually be a good team this year, and will be tough to beat.

The fortunate reality, though, is that we have beat them 11 straight years, they're going to underachieve, and this time next year we will be talking about how we have beaten them for 12 straight years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
that has Tennessee in the top 10. College Football News has UT at #3.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2016/post-spring-college-football-ranking-128-teams

I don't get it. Before their bowl game, they went on a 5 game win streak with the combined win total of those 5 teams was 18 games.

18 - 42 was the record of those 5 teams.

Vandy 4-8
Mizzou 5-7
Kentucky 5-7
USCe 3-9
North TX 1-11

Yet, we beat them for 11 straight years, our offensive line will be better than last year, we have much of the same defense that beat them last year. The media is putting sooo much pressure on UT that they are bound to crash and burn.

18 returning starters is a big reason they will be ranked high early. Grier was an unconscious 5-5 for 123 yards on 4th down in the UT game. We escaped with a win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Like last year, UT has no business not winning the division. However, Bitch Jones is still their coach. When it comes crunch time he coaches tight. That is why his teams choke. He'll do it again. He isn't a good coach at all. They will underachieve again. I'm not worried.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The day I compare my Gators to the Vols is the day I stop having standards and pretty much quit on life. So what if they are a top 10 team? It'll be the first time in ages we have them to help our strength of schedule or that the analysts have predicted their outcome right. A win against a top 10 team is never a bad thing. This conversation, now not usually quite as lofty, happens every year. Once they play us they go into a nose dive and end up right around .500. There are signs that their defense will be a little better, but I'm not buying their offense. Dobbs is a better runner than Treon, but their throwing ability is about the same.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like last year, UT has no business not winning the division. However, ***** Jones is still their coach. When it comes crunch time he coaches tight. That is why his teams choke. He'll do it again. He isn't a good coach at all. They will underachieve again. I'm not worried.

9cd80421b3355c264e98a0497804eb60.jpg

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.