Antonio Riles out for season

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would've liked to had him as a backup DT. It won't affect our OL much at all, though. Best of luck in recovery to him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I don't wish injury on anyone but if it had to happen to anyone I am more okay with it being Riles than anyone else

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Always sad to see a gator get hurt when you know how hard those guys work, but... He was Probably the most expendable of the "returning starters" from last year

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Agree, you hate to see any of these kids get injured. I don't think the team was hurt, but we certainly can't afford to lose any of the other starting linemen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it works out for his benefit. We develope the young guys at guard and he can move back to his natural dt position this off season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not good news. Wish him a speedy recovery. I know he gets a lot of heat for lackluster play around here, but he's always seemed like a good kid and has been willing to do whatever the team needs. Classic case of a player getting the blame that probably should be reserved for the coaching staff that forced us to have him on the field instead of a better option. Get better, AR.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not good news. Wish him a speedy recovery. I know he gets a lot of heat for lackluster play around here, but he's always seemed like a good kid and has been willing to do whatever the team needs. Classic case of a player getting the blame that probably should be reserved for the coaching staff that forced us to have him on the field instead of a better option. Get better, AR.

I agree. And at this point, he was battling for a starting position. Who knows how much progress he's made in the off-season. This is a blow, regardless of the opinions on this board. He was one of the top 5-7 OL's on this team. And a team that's had terrible OL play the last few years that's not good no matter how you look at it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Never happy to hear about one of ours getting hurt. Here's to a speedy recovery.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's never good to hear about a player getting injured, but this is a blow to the Oline even though he wasn't projected to start. Depth at that position is shaky at best, and Riles, like it or not, was one of the better backups on the line due to his starting experience. Hopefully the younger guys can step up and improve quickly.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

There were reports that he was progressing. Whether true or propaganda, this sucks.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm in the camp that we can ill afford to lose anybody capable of giving a descent breather for a 1. Plus, we lose any improvement he may have gained since last year... bummer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would've liked to had him as a backup DT. It won't affect our OL much at all, though. Best of luck in recovery to him.
I agree. I sure hope we havent signed any OL who are worse than Riles.

That being said, we are at the point of needing anyone with a pulse available to play DT. I suspect we will be playing 240lb linebacker sized guys at DT some this season.
My curiosity is certainly piqued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.