Antwaun Powell-Ryland Jr Played out of his mind

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
DL had a heluva game today as well, had 15 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 TFL and 2 QB hurries between 3 starters.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Supposing this Antwaun Powell-Ryland Jr becomes a Gator household name, we cant go around calling him Antwaun Powell-Ryland Jr every time. “APR”?
Glad to see some new names on the field.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
A four-star prospect, he was rated No. 180 nationally by 247Sports.com. He was rated the No. 10 weak-side defensive end nationally and the No. 4 prospect in the state by the same site. He also was rated the No. 2 senior in Virginia by ESPN and No. 9 by Rivals

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Love our win but temper your reaction with this per Nick de la Torre:
Out for Texas A&M today
Starting LG
Backup LG
Starting C
Starting QB
Starting WR
Starting WR
Backup WR
Starting DE
Starting DE
Backup DE
Backup DE
Starting DT
Starting LB
Starting CB
Backup CB
Backup CB
Starting Nickel
Backup Nickel
Starting Safety

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Out for Texas A&M today
Starting LG
Backup LG
Starting C
Starting QB
Starting WR
Starting WR
Backup WR
Starting DE
Starting DE
Backup DE
Backup DE
Starting DT
Starting LB
Starting CB
Backup CB
Backup CB
Starting Nickel
Backup Nickel
Starting Safety
I’d like to see a breakdown of the players who played. Yeah they had starters out but if the players playing were 5 star guys from that all time great class they signed last cycle then I’m still taking positive vibes from the W.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’d like to see a breakdown of the players who played. Yeah they had starters out but if the players playing were 5 star guys from that all time great class they signed last cycle then I’m still taking positive vibes from the W.
And add to that how many of our starters/one deeps are freshmen/sophs and how many snaps do they have under their belts.

It's bullschit excuses... sadly, we are all very familiar with them.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Out for Texas A&M today
Starting LG
Backup LG
Starting C
Starting QB
Starting WR
Starting WR
Backup WR
Starting DE
Starting DE
Backup DE
Backup DE
Starting DT
Starting LB
Starting CB
Backup CB
Backup CB
Starting Nickel
Backup Nickel
Starting Safety
Again, this is misleading as hell.
Most of that list were out long before our game.
I believe there were 6 players out because of the flu yesterday.
At least, That's what they said on the broadcast.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Again, this is misleading as hell.
Most of that list were out long before our game.
I believe there were 6 players out because of the flu yesterday.
At least, That's what they said on the broadcast.
The graphic said 6 PLAYERS (didn't differentiate between starter or not) for flu, 6 for injury, 5 for some other category (can't remember). That's 17, now it's 19... blah blah blah

Here's what I do know over the last 10 years (but especially 5-6) we have been TORCHED by true freshman/no previous start back up QBs endlessly. Yesterday, we got consistent pressure on one the entire game, which in the second half completely crapped the kids ability to throw, to where by mid-4th quarter, he was so f'n banged up he actually (and i mean this) looked like the QB in The Waterboy who just didn't want to take another snap because he didn't want to get "Bouche'd" again. We didn't get a lot of sacks yesterday (no idea how many true sacks we got), but that kid was getting DRILLED in the second half.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A four-star prospect, he was rated No. 180 nationally by 247Sports.com. He was rated the No. 10 weak-side defensive end nationally and the No. 4 prospect in the state by the same site. He also was rated the No. 2 senior in Virginia by ESPN and No. 9 by Rivals

Attachments

• 1667747431585.png
    1667747431585.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 15

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The graphic said 6 PLAYERS (didn't differentiate between starter or not) for flu, 6 for injury, 5 for some other category (can't remember). That's 17, now it's 19... blah blah blah

Here's what I do know over the last 10 years (but especially 5-6) we have been TORCHED by true freshman/no previous start back up QBs endlessly. Yesterday, we got consistent pressure on one the entire game, which in the second half completely crapped the kids ability to throw, to where by mid-4th quarter, he was so f'n banged up he actually (and i mean this) looked like the QB in The Waterboy who just didn't want to take another snap because he didn't want to get "Bouche'd" again. We didn't get a lot of sacks yesterday (no idea how many true sacks we got), but that kid was getting DRILLED in the second half.

Texas A&M had 19 total players available yesterday. 15 Freshmen, 3 Sophomores and a grounds keeper that agreed to fill in at Guard. And even they all had colds.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Texas A&M had 19 total players available yesterday. 15 Freshmen, 3 Sophomores and a grounds keeper that agreed to fill in at Guard. And even they all had colds.
15 Freshman so they had 5 star players on the field from that elite class.

I did a quick look. Their QB had a 4 star ranking higher than AR, Their RB is one of the best and their WRs were also 4 star players. 5 star players on the DL

Fk Jimbo. Go Gators

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Out for Texas A&M today
Starting LG
Backup LG
Starting C
Starting QB
Starting WR
Starting WR
Backup WR
Starting DE
Starting DE
Backup DE
Backup DE
Starting DT
Starting LB
Starting CB
Backup CB
Backup CB
Starting Nickel
Backup Nickel
Starting Safety
Good Lord, everyone understands that Captain Obvious. Is anyone here penciling in Atlanta or putting money on winning out? No. We are celebrating a win, just like we would any other win.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
15 Freshman so they had 5 star players on the field from that elite class.

I did a quick look. Their QB had a 4 star ranking higher than AR, Their RB is one of the best and their WRs were also 4 star players. 5 star players on the DL

Fk Jimbo. Go Gators

Aggie players were forced to play both ways out of necessity. Also, the team VCR broke and they were unable to watch film on us all week. Plus, Fisher was on hold until almost 1 AM Friday night trying to return some furniture to pottery barn. It’s a miracle they managed to even show up at all.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Aggie players were forced to play both ways out of necessity. Also, the team VCR broke and they were unable to watch film on us all week. Plus, Fisher was on hold until almost 1 AM Friday night trying to return some furniture to pottery barn. It’s a miracle they managed to even show up at all.
Where is the vaunted 12th man when you need him??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator