Anybody own a vacation home?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never understood the reasoning behind calling it MCO.... To me It's OIA.....Yes I've only flown 3 times in my life and hopefully there won't be a 4th.
Old call sign from when it was a military base.

McCoy.

Read up on your history bruh :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Old call sign from when it was a military base.

McCoy.

Read up on your history bruh :lol:
Yeah I know the history but it's not an AFB anymore and honestly which have you heard it referred to more often, OIA or MCO? In the last 40 years I've never heard anyone say "I'm going to MCO"....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I've never understood the reasoning behind calling it MCO.... To me It's OIA.....Yes I've only flown 3 times in my life and hopefully there won't be a 4th.
Airport is built on the former site of McCoy AFB. MCO is a nod to McCoy. Pretty unusual for an American your age to have only flown three times.

Edit: Clearly a little slower than others!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah I know the history but it's not an AFB anymore and honestly which have you heard it referred to more often, OIA or MCO? In the last 40 years I've never heard anyone say "I'm going to MCO"....
In DC the airports are "Dulles" (IAD) and "Reagan National" (DCA). City or airport name and airport code are often unrelated. Heck, in most cities people just say "the airport."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear both, but I don't hear people talking about it as much as I see it.
I used to work for a warehouse that did a lot of air freight.

Lots of airports have their original call signs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In DC the airports are "Dulles" (IAD) and "Reagan National" (DCA). City or airport name and airport code are often unrelated. Heck, in most cities people just say "the airport."
Well we have 2 Int. airports here, Sanford and OIA......so when some dumbass like URG says he works by the airport, you always reply oh, Sanford or OIA?....:lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well we have 2 Int. airports here, Sanford and OIA......so when some dumbass like URG says he works by the airport, you always reply oh, Sanford or OIA?....:lol:
I dont work by the airport. I said I used to. The only dumbasses are the ones that live near the airport :whistle:

Secondly, no one thinks of Sanford that way in Orlando. Hell that place is just an overgrown executive airport :lol:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
And argument over airports on a sports message board??? Not as unlikely as one would think, apparently...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Because it was originally McCoy Air Force Base, so it's ICAO/IATA codes never changed. I have an odd fascination with the codes because of my work/traveling.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And argument over airports on a sports message board??? Not as unlikely as one would think, apparently...
:lol: Well, I didn't think the USCG stormed semi-submersibles in full battle rattle until recently either! ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
MCO every time i book a flight through there ;) $100 says BNA would say MCO as well... but we're all cosmopolitan and schit... not local hicks! ;)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, if you aren't arguing about meaningless schit on a message board, you aren't trying hard enough :lol:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
In the Army, I found that thinking was highly overrated and often got one in big, big, trouble!!!! Same with trying to make sense of something! ;)
Well played, sir! However, unlike the Army, the CG doesn't have nearly as many expendable grunts. So we have to think on our own occasionally. Clearly, I failed this time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had no idea male nurses made so much money.
BlxGrFGIYAEkk9F.jpg

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
It's 1080sf, w/ a loft upstairs. It has 4 queen beds (2 in the loft). The bathroom is a little small - which is my only regret about building it (should have made the bathroom a little bigger). There's a half bath upstairs and an outdoor shower. Sits on 3 acres. There's a ski hill about 5 miles away and several wineries and breweries within 20 minutes drive. I have a gun range set up on the property, a horseshoe pit, and a fire pit. It's fun getting out there, but we only go about 10 times/year.

I commanded a unit in Lynchburg and know the area fairly well. That is a sweet place you got there.

So, you renting it out or what? Do you take oxbucks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.