Attended a Sporting Event Yesterday

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I get where you are coming from and I wear my mask and clean my hands all day. I did not shut my business but gave those that wanted the option to work from home with full pay. If I did not tend to my business everyday then all of my team would be unemployed. The economy must keep moving. Bottom line there is no way to contain any virus.

Thank you for keeping American's employed.

Sharkbite:

I did find it interesting that this site ignores facts...really?

I guess it was smart to send Covid seniors into nursing homes...what about those facts?

What about the fact that that school, sports, church are risky BUT Walmart, Costco, Home depot, are safe?

What about the fact that masks protect others not the person wearing one? And the FACTS are not conclusive.

What about the fact 100k people in DC today (shoulder to shoulder) BUT we can't sit in outdoor stadiums?

Okay Sharkbite give us the facts.

Last edited:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Where did I say 3 people had to skip a game? Where did I say that a game or event should be cancelled?
Shark: Self preservation should be your goal. Watch on TV. I'm sorry you are in heart failure. But even if the authorities accommodated your every request you're putting too much faith in your fellow human beings to 100% comply. Even on your walk into the stadium you're in close proximity to hundreds of others. Just one person sneezes and you could have serious problems.
Have you asked your doctor if It's safe for you to attend a college football game with thousands of hollering fans? What do think the doc is likely to recommend?
Do the safe thing for your own sake and stay home.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am sorry but this is a very narrow view...I am able to go to a game and spend 4-5 hour in the stands. I am not 80, I am just 50. However, I am in Heart Failure. I can do pretty much anything I want physically, and basically do so. Based on what my Dr. has told me; if I come in contact with someone with the virus, it could end my life do to the way this virus attacks the lungs and other organs. (not nearly the same as the flu as most of you post) If I met you on the street, you would have no idea that I am in the group that this virus could kill. Yet, your view and many on this board is that I should not go out and that I should be locked away. If people would just get over themselves and do what is right for the sake of EVERYONE instead of themselves, we would have less spread, and EVERYONE would be able to venture out to enjoy a game to two.
So what is your take on when you get it then, I hate to hear that you are in that condition at such a young age but it's like hiding from the wind?

Dont take this as an attack but someone that has been told that and know the contagion level and inevitable is where Im trying to understand your approach and mindset?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am sorry but this is a very narrow view...I am able to go to a game and spend 4-5 hour in the stands. I am not 80, I am just 50. However, I am in Heart Failure. I can do pretty much anything I want physically, and basically do so. Based on what my Dr. has told me; if I come in contact with someone with the virus, it could end my life do to the way this virus attacks the lungs and other organs. (not nearly the same as the flu as most of you post) If I met you on the street, you would have no idea that I am in the group that this virus could kill. Yet, your view and many on this board is that I should not go out and that I should be locked away. If people would just get over themselves and do what is right for the sake of EVERYONE instead of themselves, we would have less spread, and EVERYONE would be able to venture out to enjoy a game to two.

You could choke on a piece of Steak also...... have you given up steak?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Here are two pics from tonight one is my section and one is the Supporter’s Section (which has a lot of people stacked together and is ironic because of the general political affiliation of a lot in that section)

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

Also, Donkey, you know you like the beautiful game

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator