Bama's defense

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
456 passing yards versus a converted DB playing QB.... once again proving they are ripe for the picking when someone decides to throw the ball instead of stupidly running straight at their strength. Atm with Johnny Cocaine, Ugly with Murray, Petrino gave them fits, Spurrier won once with a crap team, even Bo Driskel beat them through the air.

When will someone learn the lesson?Those huge LBs and S along with run stopper first corners make for lotsa open space in the passing game. Put your hand down, Sumlin. You need an offense AND a defense to win in the SEC.

(I'm sorry to repost some of this but it's in a locked and lost in a megathread so I really can't just reply to the other responses earlier.)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'l just be happy to compete with a Saban Team again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saban has actually started going after smaller DEs than in the past recently to try and adapt some but that is still their weakness facing these up tempo spread offenses.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n119348 said:
456 passing yards versus a converted DB playing QB.... once again proving they are ripe for the picking when someone decides to throw the ball instead of stupidly running straight at their strength. Atm with Johnny Cocaine, Ugly with Murray, Petrino gave them fits, Spurrier won once with a crap team, even Bo Driskel beat them through the air.

When will someone learn the lesson?Those huge LBs and S along with run stopper first corners make for lotsa open space in the passing game. Put your hand down, Sumlin. You need an offense AND a defense to win in the SEC.

(I'm sorry to repost some of this but it's in a locked and lost in a megathread so I really can't just reply to the other responses earlier.)

Shootouts happen sometimes....BTW Bama won the game and Saban is your daddy. We should really try and steal Kiffen as OC, guy is dialing bullets to keep them in shootout type games, ain't nobody gonna stop them from another NC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly hope they do stomp the Clowns. I'm in "anyone but the Semenholes" as always.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n119406 said:
Saban has actually started going after smaller DEs than in the past recently to try and adapt some but that is still their weakness facing these up tempo spread offenses.
Petrino and Ugly's (with Murray) passing games aren't up tempo spread offenses and they threw for 400+ yards also.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bama's defense hasn't been bama's defense in a while. For all their success recruiting, who was their last elite pass rusher? Not sure if it's a scheme thing or what.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Malzahn is an offensive genius. Bama has pro prospects all over. Saban knew it would be a shoot out. The guy can flat out coach. He's the best of his generation. I'd take him in a heartbeat

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n119368 said:
I'l just be happy to compete with a Saban Team again.

Well, given that it's a six year rotation through the SECW (- our permanent opponent LSU), unless we meet them in an SECCG, he'll be retired by the time we see Alabama again.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Muschamp's initial goal when he took over the UF football program was to out-Bama Bama. He ended up out-Kentuckying Kentucky. Or damn near close to it.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Born2beagator;n119716 said:
Alabama vs FSU

It would be so funny.

I'm not so sure. Nick Marshall torched them for 456 yards yesterday. Bama does not pressure the QB as well as we do. I think the Rapist gets his share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.