Basketball Notes- 11/3

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Below are 2 articles with information from our secret scrimmage (limited info), practice, and the latest team scrimmage. From the sound and looks of it, it appears we are at a much better place starting the year then the past few years. Lots of positives and tidbits below.

On another not so good note, Shai Alexander is expected to announce his decision next week and should be visiting UK this weekend. It appears from inside the UK circle it's all but done that he is going to UK. If true, this is BS from Alexander imo. Hopefully he stays a Gator, but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

http://floridagators.com/news/2016/...dder-one-week-out-gators-in-a-good-place.aspx

http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13550/kevaughn-allen-zone-defenses-highlight-open-practice/

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alexanders a bitch

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting Lee!

Good to hear about Stone, he's probably the player I look forward to seeing the most

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Great to have another gator basketball guy to help keep us up with current stuff. You saw where DFS made an NBA roster. The guy was a player.........just needed a little more talent to go with him.........

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This is on White not Alexander.
The story is...Alexander wants to go to Florida like crazy and most of his family is loving that. The problem is his "basketball" people want him to go to UK and once Cal realized he needs 3-4 guards this recruiting cycle and offered Alexander, his bball people want that no matter what. Even if he is a backup next year. It sounds like if he makes his own decision he would be a Gator...so yes it is on Alexander imo.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I don't think this is White's fault. He recruited this kid when no one else was looking at him (wasn't even rated by the recruiting sites). I'm sure White didn't push Alexander away, we need him in this class. Slimeball coach offered him a scholarship on Monday..frickin Monday! This just pisses me off. And now White is more than likely scrambling to find a new quality PG for this class. Unless Hester can play PG, we'll be stuck with Chiozza next year as our only true PG.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The story is...Alexander wants to go to Florida like crazy and most of his family is loving that. The problem is his "basketball" people want him to go to UK and once Cal realized he needs 3-4 guards this recruiting cycle and offered Alexander, his bball people want that no matter what. Even if he is a backup next year. It sounds like if he makes his own decision he would be a Gator...so yes it is on Alexander imo.

Shai would likely start next year or play 20+ minutes a game at UF. I hope he doesn't listen to the crap Calipari is saying. I just don't get why these kids can't make their own decisions.

And Lee, you the man for reporting this stuff. (I suppose you're hearing a lot about it in Lexington)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Calimari may be a squidward type guy but he has the Taj Mahal (their dorm) and the mystique of UK to wave at them. "come on boys. We garuantee a run in the Dance and usually a final four. All the media attention you could want and you will be God's in Lexington and with the gals there it may be Sexington for you......

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is on White not Alexander.
:lol:
If Kentucky came calling, even Billy wouldn't be able to keep him committed. Billy lost Rivers to Duke and probably could have had Allen if Duke hadn't wanted him. There's a few programs that simply out trump us when it comes to BB recruiting.
Either way, if Alexander does choose UK, have fun riding the pine instead of likely starting for the good guys. Gator Bait.
:chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Most college coaches respect commitments in basketball. very slimey move by calipari and a classless move by the kid. I'm gonna hold out hope that we can find a solid replacement for the late signing period. This is a huge mistake for Alexander. He's being recruited as depth for Kentucky as opposed to being the man at Florida.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Most college coaches respect commitments in basketball. very slimey move by calipari and a classless move by the kid. I'm gonna hold out hope that we can find a solid replacement for the late signing period. This is a huge mistake for Alexander. He's being recruited as depth for Kentucky as opposed to being the man at Florida.
I'm still hoping he can make his own decision without all the noise around him - if he really does want to be a Gator, then sign with the good guys. Be a man and make your own decision.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still hoping he can make his own decision without all the noise around him - if he really does want to be a Gator, then sign with the good guys. Be a man and make your own decision.
In my opinion he's gone . I've seen Kentucky fans saying they are expecting him to commit. But there will be some options in the late period. Idk who but there always is. I expect we'll be one of the top landing spots or a pg. I'm not trying to be too much of a pumper. Thats just my opinion/hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.