Basketball Starting Lineup

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
With practice starting tomorrow I thought it would be fun to predict a starting lineup and minutes at the moment. I foresee this changing, maybe a lot as practice goes on. For now though

PG- Chiozza (32), Allen (5), Okauru (3)
SG- Allen (32), Hudson (5), Ballard (3)
SF- Hudson (20), Egor (15), Ballard (5)
PF- Stone (20), Johnson (10), Egor (10)
C- Hayes (25), Gak (10), Bassett (3), Stone (2)

I expect that through practice, scrimmages, exhibitions, etc., we will see some significant changes in this prediction. Mainly the starter at SF, min at PG, min/starter at PF, and min at C. This was also predicting the start of the season, so Egbunu and Stokes may need to be factored in later in January.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PG: Cheese
SG: Allen
SF: Egor
PF: Stone
C: Hayes

6th man is Hudson and he'll go back and forth between SG and SF. We will need Gak playing more than 10 minutes.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good. I am ALWAYS excited for the UF basketball season. Can't wait to see how good Egor and Hudson can be. Mike White doin work baby!! In Mike White we Trust. Shooting for 24 wins and a top 4 seed. Go Gators!!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Coach White said in his press conference that Stokes could possibly miss the whole year.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When will Egbunu be ready? Was it late December or early January?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
With practice starting tomorrow I thought it would be fun to predict a starting lineup and minutes at the moment. I foresee this changing, maybe a lot as practice goes on. For now though

PG- Chiozza (32), Allen (5), Okauru (3)
SG- Allen (32), Hudson (5), Ballard (3)
SF- Hudson (20), Egor (15), Ballard (5)
PF- Stone (20), Johnson (10), Egor (10)
C- Hayes (25), Gak (10), Bassett (3), Stone (2)

I expect that through practice, scrimmages, exhibitions, etc., we will see some significant changes in this prediction. Mainly the starter at SF, min at PG, min/starter at PF, and min at C. This was also predicting the start of the season, so Egbunu and Stokes may need to be factored in later in January.

I would hate that line up. I see the minute distribution in March when it counts to be:

PG: Chiozza (30), Allen (10)
SG: Allen (15), Hudson (25)
SF: Stone (16), Koulechov (24)
PF: Hayes (24), Stone (8), Bassett (8)
C: Egbunu (24), Gak (16)

I have no idea if Bassett can handle the minutes, but he is the most experienced of candidates. Those minutes could clearly go to Johnson or someone else. I am also clearly counting on Egbunu being able to play the second half of the season.

My rotation includes 9 players and that might be one too many. The problem is among UF's 8 proven to some degree players are 3 centers. But maybe that is not such a problem, UF once had great success with Horford and Noah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.