Berns Steakhouse Restaurant, Tampa

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was fortunate enough to eat at Berns several times while living in Tampa and it was every bit as good as you have heard.

Unfortunately it is the only truly top flight restaurant in Tampa. I recall the Tony Kornheiser line about Tampa dining.......”Tampa has Berns Steakhouse and 10,000 Cracker Barrels “

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was fortunate enough to eat at Berns several times while living in Tampa and it was every bit as good as you have heard.

Unfortunately it is the only truly top flight restaurant in Tampa. I recall the Tony Kornheiser line about Tampa dining.......”Tampa has Berns Steakhouse and 10,000 Cracker Barrels “

Where did you live in Tampa? We're planning to move there or St. Petersburg next year. The prices in south Tampa are out of control!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And Capital Grille is owned by the same company that owns Olive Garden. Like one, both or neither, it just seems a bit ironic.

Noway.

Olive Garden in the 90s was awesome. Olive Garden today is beyond terrible.

And to be fair.... I have not had Capital Grille in about 12 years. I can fly in steaks from the top places in the country and cook them better for a fraction of the price.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Noway.

Olive Garden in the 90s was awesome. Olive Garden today is beyond terrible.

And to be fair.... I have not had Capital Grille in about 12 years. I can fly in steaks from the top places in the country and cook them better for a fraction of the price.

I do the same thing. I dropped way too much money in a lot of great Steakhouses around the US in my younger years. But when they hit 40 and 50 bux a steak, I pulled the plug

BTW, yes it is true, Darden (symbol DRI) owns Olive Garden and Capital Grill and plenty of other places.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

not true. Has really exploded with great restaurants in the last 10 years.

Not sure when you were last in Tampa.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where did you live in Tampa? We're planning to move there or St. Petersburg next year. The prices in south Tampa are out of control!

We were actually in the suburb of Valrico where the really good schools are located.
Housing prices are a little more reasonable and the quality of life is pretty high if you are in to the family thing.
Not the most exciting place to live but we enjoyed it there for quite awhile.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We were actually in the suburb of Valrico where the really good schools are located.
Housing prices are a little more reasonable and the quality of life is pretty high if you are in to the family thing.
Not the most exciting place to live but we enjoyed it there for quite awhile.

That makes your restaurant comment make more sense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Today's my anniversary - we have a hotel booked in downtown Tampa and 8pm reservations at Berns.

You can book 90 days out, so I logged into their reservation site at midnight January 9 and got 8pm reservations! It's nearly impossible to find a reservation there inside of 80 days.

We have two $100 gift cards also!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Today's my anniversary - we have a hotel booked in downtown Tampa and 8pm reservations at Berns.

You can book 90 days out, so I logged into their reservation site at midnight January 9 and got 8pm reservations! It's nearly impossible to find a reservation there inside of 80 days.

:giggity:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Nice. Congrats. Similar note, we had a $200 gift card for a restaurant called Prime and Pearl for my wife and I’s anniversary back in January. Yada yada yada, she forgot it home. So 4 bills later, my advice is you hang on to them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. Congrats. Similar note, we had a $200 gift card for a restaurant called Prime and Pearl for my wife and I’s anniversary back in January. Yada yada yada, she forgot it home. So 4 bills later, my advice is you hang on to them.
She knew EXACTLY what she was doing. She wants you to take her again.
My advice? Nip that sh*t in the bud and take her best friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator