Best Hippy song of all-time (stold from Mudlizard)

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Had to go back and look at his playlist but I got to see Petty cover this song in Gainesville in 2006

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. That whole album 'Then Play On' is a masterpiece. Even the cover artwork

Then_Play_On.jpg

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I believe that was Ted Nugent's band in the early 70's wasn't it? I saw them at the Eddie Graham arena in Orlando in 71 or 72
Yep Ted Nugent--wild man. This album was released in 1968. If you can, listen to Ted Nugent's interview on Joe Rogan podcast. His mind is still boiling over with energy at 74 y.o.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yep Ted Nugent--wild man. This album was released in 1968. If you can, listen to Ted Nugent's interview on Joe Rogan podcast. His mind is still boiling over with energy at 74 y.o.

That was a great interview. Did you see the Anthony Bourdain episode with Nugent? They were at Nugent's estate in Michigan grilling wild game and shooting AR-15's.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
That was a great interview. Did you see the Anthony Bourdain episode with Nugent? They were at Nugent's estate in Michigan grilling wild game and shooting AR-15's.
I'll have to find that one Bulla. Thanks!

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This one didn't get the national coverage others did, but was practically an anthem on THE best 'underground music' show on the radio--KAAY' Beaker Street. The station was in Little Rock, AR and had a clear channel 50K watts which meant they got plenty of broadcast area, and late night they did a 3 hour show which was the kind of music you simply never heard on regular AM. It could be heard across the country most nights, and being it was really before FM came on the scene hard....anyone who wanted to hear the kind of music the hippies, flower child, dope smoking zombie, etc was craving for. That particular show lasted for years and I used to listen to it every night from 11p-2am. Got exposed to more obscure bands and music than anytime in my life.

One of their go-to songs which was a staple the entire life of the show....Cindy's Crying by Deepwater Reunion. It was actually written by Tom Paxton if you've ever heard of him you'll know he was one of the more popular folks singers of the day.

There are better versions of this recording, but I put this one up because the lead in shows how strange Beaker Street was with all the odd sounds in the background when Clyde Clifford(DJ) would talk. It was definitely suited for the 'heads' in the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.