Big 12 still can't count

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I firmly believe it was all for show...

I was telling a good buddy of mine when all of this started that the Big 12 was never going to expand but rather Texas and OU would make it look like it tried so when the GOR runs out in 2025 they can leave.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The article clearly states that Texas and Oklahoma really don't care about expansion. They probably don't want more teams to revenue share?

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Dead conference walking.

SEC should take Oklahoma (football/basketball) and Kansas (basketball/academics).

Lets carve this conference up and end it.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Dead conference walking.

SEC should take Oklahoma (football/basketball) and Kansas (basketball/academics).

Lets carve this conference up and end it.

SECw

A&M
Kansas
Mizzou
Oklahoma
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St

SECe

Kentucky
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Vandy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like herman will be headed to texas or lsu

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And yeah, lets keep bama in the west

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
OMG. BYU was considered toxic because of opposition from the gays. Fcvk the world.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and Kansas (basketball/academics)..
Kansas???? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Conf USA doesn't want Kansas. They were rumored to be the odd man out when everyone was looking for places to go when it looked like OU/U of O and Texas were playing footsy with PAC12/16.

They have zero chance. Maybe the Big East (basketball Big East not AAC).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The article clearly states that Texas and Oklahoma really don't care about expansion. They probably don't want more teams to revenue share?
They'd like to share with they right teams, maybe, but adding any of the clowns on their list doesnt increase the size of the pie enough to offset the additional pieces being cut out.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Conf USA doesn't want Kansas. They were rumored to be the odd man out when everyone was looking for places to go when it looked like OU/U of O and Texas were playing footsy with PAC12/16.

I betcha anything Kansas ends up in the Big 10...

They bring basketball and while not as profitable as football they are a blue blood. There is 0% possibility they get left out.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not to mention I have heard before that OSU is a package deal with OU. Not sure if true, but when there were rumors before of them going to the Pac 12 legislatures were going to do everything they could to make sure little brother rode the coat tails with them. Expansion these days is all about the television markets and not how good the teams are. If the SEC expanded again it would be for fresh new markets that were large. Oklahoma would fit that bill, but they would probably go after a school on the east coast for the second from North Carolina or Virginia. As much as certain teams might fit into a conference they wouldn't take another team from a state they already have a school in. That being said every college football team from a power 5 should play at least two power 5 out of conference opponents a year. Whether they are permanent rivalries or just home and homes before you find someone else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention I have heard before that OSU is a package deal with OU...

go after a school on the east coast for the second from North Carolina or Virginia.
I have read the same thing regarding OSU and UO. I've also read that UVa Va Tech may be a package deal (or at least they were a few years ago, maybe not now but UVa and Va politicians went out of their way to ensure VaTech got invited to ACC) and that the Tobacco Road schools also insist on staying together. UNC might be interesting but Duke sure as hell isn't.

If there were any easy and obvious options, we would have done it already.

We are waiting on UO, covet them really, and would take OSU if necessary to get them. I'm pretty sure it is the inevitable outcome, as soon as Texass pisses them off the next time.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I betcha anything Kansas ends up in the Big 10...

They bring basketball and while not as profitable as football they are a blue blood. There is 0% possibility they get left out.
So lets have some fun with this to see who might take these guys when they disband.

Texas - Indipendent most likely, but Pac 12 would come calling. There is zero chance the SEC would take them since we have A&M. They spent to long trying to get out from under their thumb, Texas now refuses to play them because of it, and we wouldn't disrespect them that way.
Oklahoma - SEC or Pac 12
OSU - they will pray Oklahoma works a deal that brings them along or Mountain West, Conference USA, AAC
TCU - Mountain West, AAC, conference USA
Baylor - whatever mid major will take them
KSU - Mountain West
Kansas - Big 10 just for basketball purposes. I don't think this is a lock, but the basketball name helps here.
Iowa St - Sun belt
Texas Tech - praying even a mid major will take them. the fact Texas is in the name will help them.
West Virginia - after being turned down by the ACC again, despite them crying about it, AAC or MAC

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I have read the same thing regarding OSU and UO. I've also read that UVa Va Tech may be a package deal (or at least they were a few years ago, maybe not now but UVa and Va politicians went out of their way to ensure VaTech got invited to ACC) and that the Tobacco Road schools also insist on staying together. UNC might be interesting but Duke sure as hell isn't.

If there were any easy and obvious options, we would have done it already.

We are waiting on UO, covet them really, and would take OSU if necessary to get them. I'm pretty sure it is the inevitable outcome, as soon as Texass pisses them off the next time.
Probably. then we most likely ship the Alabama schools east (how much fun would that be). At least Tenn couldn't bitch anymore about losing their annual game against Alabama to make it geographically correct. UNC would be interesting, but I don't see them leaving because of the Basketball history. I know VT's name came up a lot before we settled on Missouri, but probably a package deal like you said.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014

Nobody wanted Missouri either, yet here they are in the SEC all because of their academic rep.

Have to have someone paired with Oklahoma, certainly won't be anyone from the ACC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, brother. They are in the SEC bc of television sets in St Louis and Kansas City. It was all football $$$$ not basketball. 99% of you called me a fool for saying that Mizzu was a shoo-in if Okie, Okie 2, and Texass didn't take our seats.

Kansas is not and will never be on the radar. Ever.

I agree it is VERY unlikely to be an ACC team.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No, brother. They are in the SEC bc of television sets in St Louis and Kansas City. It was all football $$$$ not basketball. 99% of you called me a fool for saying that Mizzu was a shoo-in if Okie, Okie 2, and Texass didn't take our seats.

Kansas is not and will never be on the radar. Ever.

I agree it is VERY unlikely to be an ACC team.

Law I believe you ought to actually take a look at the TV markets....Mizzou doesnt come in first in either STL or KC...

In fact a majority of the time Kansas Basketball outdraws Mizzou Football in the KC market while i believe Nebraska has better showing in the KC market as well. As for the STL market, the University of Illinois covers that too....Mizzou got into the SEC because the SEC had no where else to go....

Kansas being an AAU University will get into the Big 10 but no they arent and were never a fit for the SEC...

The only teams that actually have a way out of the f'd up conference is Texas, OU, KU....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I though all the P5 Conferences have huge "Buy-outs" to leave now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.