Billy Donovan agrees to multi-year deal with Thunder

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sigh. Thank you so much Coach Donovan for what you did for UF Basketball. Sigh.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n217182 said:
Where's Humphrey?

:racist:

Those are the 04s - Humpty wasn't an 04, but I loved that guy.
This better?
2.5-Florida.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I had a Stone Ruination IPA with lunch today to commiserate the bad news. I'm not completely ready to move on, but I'm excited about who the new coach will be, as long as it's not Pelphry.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
On the positive side, we shouldn't have trouble getting tickets for at least the next few years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n217171 said:
Without a doubt, he's the greatest Gator coach in ANY sport. Two NCs, four Final Fours, multiple SEC titles. And, if I'm not mistaken, he's lasted longer than any coach in hoops OR football. We all will sorely miss him.

Number two behind SOS. Billy is a great Gator. I hope he never ends up at UK.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n217261 said:
Checking in to eat crow. Said he would never go and leave us in a lurch like this.

Meh, I don't think he's leaving us in a
tumblr_m6rlx0QpmS1qe3fg4o1_500.gif

I think we've got plenty of talented players returning; keeping the new recruiting class intact is key for the short term - it all depends on who Foley can get, but I think we'll be fine in the long run. :pumper:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
SavannahGator;n216362 said:
Did Billy D hire Grant, knowing he would possibly bolt to the NBA, with the intent of making Grant his successor? And if Foley were to choose in-house between two former SEC HC's, which would he choose?
I think so. Wasn't he set to replace Billy on 2007 when Billy took the Magic job?

Billy Donovan is my favorite coach in all of sports and has been for many years. He was a credit to the Gator Nation as a man and as a coach. Billy made 6 elite 8's, 4 final fours, 3 title games and 2 NCAA championships in his time as Gators basketball coach. But it's long overdue for him to make the jump to the NBA. As others have said it's too bad this is late in the process as far as the Gators are concerned. I think one of Billy's top assistants will be rewarded with the job as I think Billy will have a say in this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, we get our choice of two coaches who have already failed in the SEC? Great.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n217302 said:
So, we get our choice of two coaches who have already failed in the SEC? Great.

Just ****ing stop. No one wants Grant or Pelphrey to replace Donovan. So don't try to corner the market on that position. We don't want to hear you bitch and moan about something that's not going to happen. So just stop. Go take a bong rip, get some lovin' from the wife, and stfu. For once, just stop.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, good luck Billy. Hope the NBA is everything you expect it to be.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We now return to our regularly scheduled mediocrity already in progress.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the bright side, we might have a decent Free Throw shooting team going forward.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First off, a huge THANK YOU to BD, an excellent human, man, coach and Gator, thanks for the championships and great seasons. The dedication and guidance to build our BBall program in to a national power is worthy of a statue on campus.

Best of luck in the NBA, win a championship there to cement your legacy. And of course you will always be a gator so if doesn't work out, let us know first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.