Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Vanderbilt

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've been saying that the jury is still out on McElwain. But it might be time to admit that we hired a dud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whiskey nap and I'm good. Dobbs beat us. His non-hirsute ass should be recognized.
We all recognize space aliens or genetic mistakes when we see one.

Not sure what it is, probably something in the water or maybe just hundreds of years of inbreeding, but all the QBs in Tinerc seem to have birth defect-looking foreheads.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF are you talking about Alvie?

jKL1MHc.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I saw Itraz over on Swampgas. He was a great x's and o's guy. Anyone have an account over there and can make sure he knows we miss him. Nostradamus too. There are probably others.

I'm not signing up there.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Was at the game with great seats 20 rows up on the 45 behind the bench. It was a shame to waste such great seats on that poop show. But it afforded me a great vantage point to watch what was going on on the sideline during the game. And what I saw was.....nothing. Nothing was going on on the sideline. No people getting in each other's faces. No emotion from coaches or players. No one talking to each other. No leadership. No one even watching the game sometimes, for Christ's sake! I have never seen a more blasé bunch of football players in my life. It really pissed me off. It's no wonder a 330 pound tackle can't even block a guy 50 pounds lighter than himself. It's no wonder they appear not to have their heads in the game most of the time and make idiotic penalties and mistakes again and again and again.

I'm over this coaching staff. They are never going to get it together. Never. After the last 3 games last year, the less than impressive way we've played this year and the mediocre recruiting we've had I see no way we are ever going to get to the elite level.

Appleby showed again why he was benched at a lower tier Big 10 school. He is not a good QB and will never be more than serviceable at best.

Our line just plain sucks. Sucks. They can not open a hole. They can not pass block. They can not play without penalties. They've sucked for years and they will continue to suck no matter how much "experience" they get. They just plain suck.

We were gashed for big yards more times than I could count when Vandy would run a counter off the left side. Every time our ends would crash down and get pinched inside leaving no one to stop the runner until he was 5 yards past the line. Number 95 Davis sucks. He can't shed a block to save his life. Same with #93.

When there was 1:30 left in the game and Vandy decided to punt I said to my son that the Vandy coaches were smart even though the Vandy fans were booing. That was because I knew what apparently the Vandy coaches knew. That being that the Gators would likely get the ball deep in their own territory after the punt and would then proceed to run 3 straight plays into the middle of the line with no gain and Vandy could use their timeouts in order to get the ball back. And that's exactly what happened. The Gators have gotten so predictable it's like I don't even have to watch the game anymore to know what's going to happen.

I am so sick to death of watching sh!tty football I could puke.

On a different note, Nashville is a great town. Had a ball downtown with great music and scenery. If you're a guy in your 20's I can't think of a better town to find hundreds of beautiful girls out looking for a good time. I mean the ratio of pretty single girls to guys was crazy. At least 3 to 1. Apparently it's a big bachelorette party town. But I digress. We suck.
Great post and observations. I've been telling folks around me the same thing, which is the team takes on the attitude of the coach, and Mac seems not to care a whole lot one way or another. Its "aww shucks, it happens" and they seem to feel the same way. I can't find any positives at all with this group.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our guys are playing soft, like our Big Sky popcorn tender for the dance at the gym like Coach. I'm rapidly losing faith in this staff. You can always tell the 'loser' coaches... they "talk" about the issues and pontificate that fatherly crap but with each successive game, no real improvement translates over from the rhetoric. We're back to the Bob Woodruff, Doug Dickey, Ron Zook, Muschamp days minus the recruiting prowess. IMHO
I can't like this post enough.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone happen to watch the BYU game last night? They've got a 6'2" 220 lb. RB named Jamaal Williams. That Dude will be in the NFL next year.

30 carries for 286 yards. Think that OL coach could come here and teach our boys how to open up holes?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
.... Nothing was going on on the sideline. No people getting in each other's faces. No emotion from coaches or players. No one talking to each other. No leadership. No one even watching the game sometimes, for Christ's sake! I have never seen a more blasé bunch of football players in my life. It really pissed me off. It's no wonder a 330 pound tackle can't even block a guy 50 pounds lighter than himself. It's no wonder they appear not to have their heads in the game most of the time and make idiotic penalties and mistakes again and again and again.

I saw that on VAN sideline once the game was essentially over, but hearing it was the status quo on our sideline doesn't surprise me. It also doesn't speak well to the make up of our players and coaching staff. Showing up just to do a job is a job half assed.

.I'm over this coaching staff. They are never going to get it together. Never. After the last 3 games last year, the less than impressive way we've played this year and the mediocre recruiting we've had I see no way we are ever going to get to the elite level.

Appleby showed again why he was benched at a lower tier Big 10 school. He is not a good QB and will never be more than serviceable at best.

Our line just plain sucks. Sucks. They can not open a hole. They can not pass block. They can not play without penalties. They've sucked for years and they will continue to suck no matter how much "experience" they get. They just plain suck.

There. On you chin. There's a bit more 'sucks'. It's understandable with how much was spread all over the place, but that happens. Just wipe it off and we'll move on.

.We were gashed for big yards more times than I could count when Vandy would run a counter off the left side. Every time our ends would crash down and get pinched inside leaving no one to stop the runner until he was 5 yards past the line. Number 95 Davis sucks. He can't shed a block to save his life. Same with #93.

When there was 1:30 left in the game and Vandy decided to punt I said to my son that the Vandy coaches were smart even though the Vandy fans were booing. That was because I knew what apparently the Vandy coaches knew. That being that the Gators would likely get the ball deep in their own territory after the punt and would then proceed to run 3 straight plays into the middle of the line with no gain and Vandy could use their timeouts in order to get the ball back. And that's exactly what happened. The Gators have gotten so predictable it's like I don't even have to watch the game anymore to know what's going to happen.

It's almost as if you had ESPN (I known, SEC Network)...

.I am so sick to death of watching sh!tty football I could puke.

On a different note, Nashville is a great town. Had a ball downtown with great music and scenery. If you're a guy in your 20's I can't think of a better town to find hundreds of beautiful girls out looking for a good time. I mean the ratio of pretty single girls to guys was crazy. At least 3 to 1. Apparently it's a big bachelorette party town. But I digress. We suck.

I hear that ****ty football happens there a lot, so folks depend upon the local food/music scene. Hope you enjoyed it and don't feel a need to go back in 2 yrs unless we actually have a fully veteran team and coaching staff that know wtf they are doing.

I love ya man, but you asked for it going to a UF-VAN game. You asked for it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Did anyone happen to watch the BYU game last night? They've got a 6'2" 220 lb. RB named Jamaal Williams. That Dude will be in the NFL next year.

30 carries for 286 yards. Think that OL coach could come here and teach our boys how to open up holes?

Against Toledo? I hope our O could open running lanes like that against Toledo (and UMass, NTejas, etc). MACtion has it's followers, but I don't know how much the NFL really watches them (excepting St. Ben of the Steelers of Pittsburg). Dude got 30 carries, no wonder he has that many yards in a 55-53 game.

/end of leg yanking. I <3 U BRO, Don't Taze me....

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby isn't the answer, not because of mediocre talent, but because the question is, "did we hire the right head coach?" And the answer is quite clearly, "no."

I'll never quit on the Gators, but I'm done with this staff. Players don't get better under this staff, recruiting is a joke, and both offense and defense are getting out-coached in the second half every single time they run out of the locker room.

I truly hated Muschamp, not only for bad coaching, but for the sin of being boring. Is anybody any less bored with this staff? I've gone from bored and angry to bored and angry and disappointed. That's not an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.