Blue Helmets Saturday for the first time since 1965

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Gators reveal blue helmets

The last time Florida wore the Blue/Blue/White combination? 55 years ago vs Miami. The combination has only been worn 3 times in history; 1964 vs FSU (L), 1964 vs LSU (W), and 1965 vs Miami (L). The Gators will look to go 2–2 in the combination with a victory over Mizzou.

Florida turned to a helmet many fans are VERY familiar with when preparing the blue helmets; the 2017 Swamp Green helmets. That’s right, the 2017 Swamp Green helmets were reconditioned into the blue helmets the Gators will wear on Saturday.

So we are so cash poor we have to rehab three year old helmets?

Starkville mediocrity.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I guess we will know what the "F" on the side of the helmet stands for after we know the final score of the game.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Using the helmets to predict the defensive grade...nice trick.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Who picks the uni combos for our games? Do players do it or is this a UAA thing? Or Coaches? Who decides this stuff?

Personally, I don't give a rats assh. My preference is when we wear solid colors (orange top orange bottom, blue top blue bottom, white top white bottom ... and so on). Don't care about throwbacks. Hated that stupid lizard skin unis. Whatever.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who picks the uni combos for our games? Do players do it or is this a UAA thing? Or Coaches? Who decides this stuff?

Personally, I don't give a rats assh. My preference is when we wear solid colors (orange top orange bottom, blue top blue bottom, white top white bottom ... and so on). Don't care about throwbacks. Hated that stupid lizard skin unis. Whatever.

I don’t know why, but you seem like a lot of fun.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don’t know why, but you seem like a lot of fun.

Holy Crap. You conveyed a single idea without having to type 2000 words. Congrats on that.

EDIT: My query about who picks the uni combos for each game was sincere though. And I am probably not very fun on purpose. I dont like people.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Holy Crap. You conveyed a single idea without having to type 2000 words. Congrats on that.

EDIT: My query about who picks the uni combos for each game was sincere though. And I am probably not very fun on purpose. I dont like people.

I pick them each week. I search the internet, specifically TikTok, for all the latest, most wokest fashions, and then send a cryptic Tweet to the team about my selection. If I'd had any idea you didn't care for this, I would've ceased years ago.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I pick them each week. I search the internet, specifically TikTok, for all the latest, most wokest fashions, and then send a cryptic Tweet to the team about my selection. If I'd had any idea you didn't care for this, I would've ceased years ago.

Im sure somewhere deep down inside the black hole heart of mine there is some care but its 2020 and I got none to give at this point. Especially for what color stripes and shapes our defense is wearing as they get torched by a average to crappy offense.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Florida Gators reveal blue helmets

The last time Florida wore the Blue/Blue/White combination? 55 years ago vs Miami. The combination has only been worn 3 times in history; 1964 vs FSU (L), 1964 vs LSU (W), and 1965 vs Miami (L). The Gators will look to go 2–2 in the combination with a victory over Mizzou.

Florida turned to a helmet many fans are VERY familiar with when preparing the blue helmets; the 2017 Swamp Green helmets. That’s right, the 2017 Swamp Green helmets were reconditioned into the blue helmets the Gators will wear on Saturday.

This is so Foley. Let’s go with reconditioned helmets, spray paint them blue with Home Depot brand paint (heaven forbid he buy a brand name spray paint like Glidden) and wear them in a game while the paint is still drying, rather than spending a few bucks to buy new helmets.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
All blue helmets. Desperate move by a desperate coach. Kind of like when Richt has Georgia wear all black & encouraged the fans to do the same as he advertised a blackout. And then he did it again...and again...and again... Where did that get him?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like ‘em or not, the Matte Blue was better than gloss would’ve looked.
Homecoming is about welcoming back the past, and that helmet/uni combo captured it.

I don’t care if you millennials don’t like it now, someday you will remember days gone by and think fondly on them.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Like ‘em or not, the Matte Blue was better than gloss would’ve looked.
Homecoming is about welcoming back the past, and that helmet/uni combo captured it.

I don’t care if you millennials don’t like it now, someday you will remember days gone by and think fondly on them.

While I liked the helmets as a nice throwback I do think they would have liked better on a white jersey than blue

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I too liked the helmets. I'm more of a traditionalist and prefer us to just have a timeless, classic uniform that we wear every week, every year. But I find myself wishing that the classic uniform I just mentioned was the throwback jersey and circle-F helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator