Botch Jones

Dec 10, 2014
He has several monikers. Most popular of which is probably Bytch Jones if you're a Gator.

But his seat is now hot. Either he and his staff cannot coach a complete game, or they don't have the players prepped to go four quarters. The game yesterday was his for the plucking. It begs the question now. Do we want him to stick around? Do we want his seat hot? The guy is a lights out recruiter. Fulmer proved that a moron can get an occasional win and get on a run with enough talent. But Botch can't coach a lick. I'm tempted to write that he's an upgrade over Dooley but their compared records at this point in their careers don't really reflect that.

What say you guys? Do you want Botch around for the next three to five years, or would you like to see him canned after we put the dagger in their heart next year?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind watching another 30 candidates publicly turning that job down

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I don't think he's going anywhere at the moment - they had a 'one and done' with Kiffin.
Dooley didn't last much longer and Butch is at least getting the talent level back... so ...

UT is calling for his head over on VolNation (and wishing for Chip Kelly or even Peyton Manning) - but I bet that barring any more major gaffes this season he'll be around at least one more year.
Which is good for us.

However you may see a shakeup at the assistant level

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The only gimmes they have left are North Texas and Vandy both in Knoxville. That only gets them to 4 wins. The lynch mob will ensue if Pig Souie goes in there Saturday night and beats them.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a catch-22. I'd love to see him stay but watching their coach searches is pure comedy gold!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n287040 said:
It's a catch-22. I'd love to see him stay but watching their coach searches is pure comedy gold!
Lol, Who didn't turn that job down last time?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear that Gruden is ready to sign on at UT!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Muschamp turned down the UT job. Jones took it in a minute. That tells you something right there.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
He's Zook. Great recruiter, terrible coach. He'll win occasionally but never anything of substance.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is absolute trash. Just watching him on the sidelines makes me nauseous. I'd be horrified if that was our future. You can see he's pissed but has no answer for the inevitable criticism. The post game interviews feature "it is what it is"' "preserve"( Wth does that mean?) and "keep grindin'". Classic dumb guy who inexplicably thinks that he has it all figured out while everyone else has it all wrong. As Gators, unfortunately, we know that trait all too well. But at least those days are behind us. Their version was 0-2 against that guy.

As I said in another thread, I'll take a coach over a salesman all day. Just look at the recruit/visitor section following Calloway's TD. That win+ the crowd will equal good recruits. If my HC used the "we're young" excuse going into week 4 of Season 3, I'd stop watching football all together or take on parachute-less skydiving. Either way your Saturday's start off kind of fun only to end in a profanity laced disaster. Really what's the difference?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n287045 said:
Lol, Who didn't turn that job down last time?

1126792.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorintheKnox;n287057 said:
He's Zook. Great recruiter, terrible coach. He'll win occasionally but never anything of substance.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

On his best day, he wishes he was as good as Zook. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n287060 said:
He is absolute trash. Just watching him on the sidelines makes me nauseous. I'd be horrified if that was our future. You can see he's pissed but has no answer for the inevitable criticism. The post game interviews feature "it is what it is"' "preserve"( Wth does that mean?) and "keep grindin'". Classic dumb guy who inexplicably thinks that he has it all figured out while everyone else has it all wrong. As Gators, unfortunately, we know that trait all too well. But at least those days are behind us. Their version was 0-2 against that guy.

As I said in another thread, I'll take a coach over a salesman all day. Just look at the recruit/visitor section following Calloway's TD. That win+ the crowd will equal good recruits. If my HC used the "we're young" excuse going into week 4 of Season 3, I'd stop watching football all together or take on parachute-less skydiving. Either way your Saturday's start off kind of fun only to end in a profanity laced disaster. Really what's the difference?

He literally has conned an entire fan base into lowering their expectations for three friggin years! How many years in a row can you have a young team? How friggin long does it take to rise to mediocrity? What a bunch of dumbasses! :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's muschamp, just substitute "we are young" for "we've got so many injuries." I hate coaches that always have an excuse for failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
MJMGator;n287077 said:
He literally has conned an entire fan base into lowering their expectations for three friggin years! How many years in a row can you have a young team? How friggin long does it take to rise to mediocrity? What a bunch of dumbasses! :lol:

This. He's used this excuse for 3 years now, at what point do they stop being young?

I hope he stays, he's the toothless wonders' version of Muschamp. A guy who reckons he's a guru and everybody else just doesn't get it, while its the other way around.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see him stay and I would also love to see the "who's - who" of candidates that turn them down, again. I don't think Jones is going anywhere. Yes they are really calling for his head right now but I don't think UT has the $$$ to buy him our right now. They just finished paying Phat Phil last year. Either way, we're golden. Botch is our Bytch, period. He called two time outs to allow Mac to change his mind and keep drives going. This guy is an Epic fail at a gameday coach. Work is going to be so great today. Can't wait to go in and take the Bricks (Jones' Brick by Brick) that he shat on the east sideline Saturday night.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n287013 said:
He has several monikers. Most popular of which is probably Bytch Jones if you're a Gator.

I also like "No Stones Jones." :lol:

Dec 10, 2014
soflagator;n287060 said:
If my HC used the "we're young" excuse going into week 4 of Season 3, I'd stop watching football all together or take on parachute-less skydiving.

Apparently that was the theme of the "Botch Jones" show.

I find that interesting though. Wasn't Dobbs supposed to be the elite qb of the SEC this year? I believe he's a junior or a redshirt sophomore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator