Brady Suspension

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both parties look like a couple of a$$holes at this point. The NFL and Brady should let this die.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This was collectively bargained. I never understood the original court decision.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was collectively bargained. I never understood the original court decision.

I haven't read the decision but remember some attorneys on TV saying that Judge would probably be overturned with what case law said on that stuff.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I guess the Supreme Court will get to waste their time on this crap now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the Supreme Court will get to waste their time on this crap now.

I doubt it. My guess is even the full Court of Appeals wouldn't take this case or would just affirm it. I think there is almost zero chance they would give Brady a stay on the suspension if they do appeal.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to the original evidence? Brady using under-inflated footballs was blah. Then using higher
inflation Brady tore the Colts up = higher efficiency, more yards passing, more TDs etc won the
game 2nd half. That blows motive out. If Brady's plan was upset by "forcing" onto him higher
inflation footballs, then he should have been rattled in that 2nd half, but he was just the opposite.
Looks like a pre-ordained witch hunt to me. This spectacle is bad for the NFL.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
As to the original evidence? Brady using under-inflated footballs was blah. Then using higher
inflation Brady tore the Colts up = higher efficiency, more yards passing, more TDs etc won the
game 2nd half. That blows motive out. If Brady's plan was upset by "forcing" onto him higher
inflation footballs, then he should have been rattled in that 2nd half, but he was just the opposite.
Looks like a pre-ordained witch hunt to me. This spectacle is bad for the NFL.
So destroying the cell phone was pure coincidence ?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So destroying the cell phone was pure coincidence ?

B.S....Had he turned over his cell-phone, scandal sheets would have made crap up as being on
his phone and no denial on his part would assuage it. No matter what is on your cell phone, your
reputation can be ruined by turning it over to obvious adversaries. ??

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So he was worried about other stuff on the phone, nothing to do with the investigation, so the timing was a coincidence, it was just time for a new phone. Plausible.
Anyway I believe the courts were deciding on the punishment not "alleged" offense.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So he was worried about other stuff on the phone, nothing to do with the investigation, so the timing was a coincidence, it was just time for a new phone. Plausible.

No, the timing was precisely because some opposition was wanting his phone. Brady solved
that completely .... no more listening to the Goodell or media whine about such.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The trial isn't about the cellphone or the evidence of deflated balls, but about whether the commissioner had the right to make said judgment. The initial trail was set up at that particular court because of the judge, who happens to be in the same social circles as Bob Kraft (smart move by the legal team). So at this point cell phones are none of that other BS matter, it's about whether by the CBA the commissioner had the right to rule.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
No, the timing was precisely because some opposition was wanting his phone. Brady solved
that completely .... no more listening to the Goodell or media whine about such.
As I said after editing, the courts ruled on the punishment not the offense, I believe

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is more evidence that Brady didn't do it than if he did, but as others have said earlier, this appeal had nothing to do with the "integrity" of the game. This was all about Goodell maintaining and abusing power and authority. There was absolutely no integrity on how Goodell handled the situation from the beginning, but that doesn't matter. Unfortunately he was given the right to have power even though he doesn't know how to properly use it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Does this mean the NFL can now concentrate on the investigation surrounding alleged PEDs that payton was on? Or is Archie's golden boy above the law (NFL rules)?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The trial isn't about the cellphone or the evidence of deflated balls, but about whether the commissioner had the right to make said judgment. The initial trail was set up at that particular court because of the judge, who happens to be in the same social circles as Bob Kraft (smart move by the legal team). So at this point cell phones are none of that other BS matter, it's about whether by the CBA the commissioner had the right to rule.

And according to the CBA that the NFLPA and the League agreed to ... Roger Goodell, or more broadly, the commissioner was given the right to be both 'prosecuter' and arbiter - so in that case, the commish did what he wanted to do and it was legal according to the mutually agreed upon CBA.

If the NFLPA doesn't like it ...then tell your boy DeMaurice to do a better job next time of negotiating with the League. That's what you pay him for.

But I agree - this makes the NFL look pretty stupid - basically cutting off their nose to spite their face.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Goodell is a trainwreck as a commissioner. Protect the shield with a bunch of friggin' incompetents. A few owners who think the law does not apply to them because of their wealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator