Brady Suspension

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be in the owner's box with his supermodel wife...saving himself for the postseason run.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This crap is still going on... NFL who, what?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does this mean the NFL can now concentrate on the investigation surrounding alleged PEDs that payton was on? Or is Archie's golden boy above the law (NFL rules)?

Won't happen, I believe that was part of the reason he retired

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if he could sue Goodell directly for defamation and being treated unfairly?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if he could sue Goodell directly for defamation and being treated unfairly?

You can always sue but I think that would be a case a Judge tossed even before a jury got to consider it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

treated unfairly no, defamation yes. With the power the Union gave up in the CBA it would be real hard to say he was treat unfairly. That is where the Brady and by extension the Union has lost twice in this case to their initial win. This case is no longer about the deflating of balls, but the power of the commissioner per the CBA.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
treated unfairly no, defamation yes. With the power the Union gave up in the CBA it would be real hard to say he was treat unfairly. That is where the Brady and by extension the Union has lost twice in this case to their initial win. This case is no longer about the deflating of balls, but the power of the commissioner per the CBA.

I wrote treated unfairly because the punishment that he received is wildly inconsistent with anything the NFL has ever done. Even though Goodell is legally in the right to do it, the punishment is still unfair, which is why the judge initially overruled it last year. That said, I agree that the suit based on fairness would be difficult because of the other legal implications involved; however, defamation certainly occurred.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't care about this, I don't care if brady has to sit for a few days, don't care if goodell gets fired. The fact that some of yall go round and round about it makes no sense to me.

Who gives a :kiffin:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Gawd, I am so sick of this. The fact that an episode of "under-inflated" footballs could make its way to the Federal Courts is totally absurd. Brady should grow a pair, stop whining and take his punishment. He is not bigger than the Game although he apparently feels that he is. What a waste of time, money and effort on everyone's part. Just one more reason to tune out pro sports.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gawd, I am so sick of this. The fact that an episode of "under-inflated" footballs could make its way to the Federal Courts is totally absurd. Brady should grow a pair, stop whining and take his punishment. He is not bigger than the Game although he apparently feels that he is. What a waste of time, money and effort on everyone's part. Just one more reason to tune out pro sports.
Brady thinks he bigger than the game? I think you're confusing him with the dickhead at the top.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when a lot of people (including myself) thought Roger Goodell would be good for the NFL. That turned out well.:headslap:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
What we all forget is the timing of this. Deflategate started after the AFC game in which the Patriots clobbered the Colts (regardless of any deflated balls) but BEFORE their next game, the SUPERBOWL. Brady had no choice but to deny any involvement in it, otherwise he'd be in position to be suspended for the SUPERBOWL.

No way he could risk that by coming clean then. If it was any other time, he would've fessed up and this molehill would be forgotten.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Goodell pronounced Brady guilty, deserving severe punishment all based on an investigator's
conclusion : "I can't help but conclude that Tom Brady more likely than not was involved in having
those balls deflated."??

I'm not a Brady fan, not an NFL fan. I don't watch it. Sure, I realize the courts can be peculiar when it
comes to labor agreements ... but I do not see how 2 super-rich organizations with great lawyers can
create a CBA that allows for steamrolling the rule of law where a citizen's unalienable rights to liberty and
pursuit of happiness are trashed. The Constitution of the US supports 1) supremacy of law and
2) supremacy of justice. To be declared guilty when not, is galling even choking.

I've had my equanimity unjustly squashed by eminent domain confiscation of my homestead property
so they could use beautiful waterfront land to "store" the mud they dredged up for sailboats' passage when
any decent "captain" could pay attention to the high-tides and breeze right through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.