Braxton Miller Moves to Receiver

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n251127 said:
Most of us aren't trashing Harris, more saying we don't what our quarterback situation is, compared to what they know at OSU. We don't know who is the best quarterback for this system until we see it on the field.

I agree. We probably won't know a whole lot until the Tenn game unless the growing pains are going to be worse than we think. I am just keeping my expectations with Grier in check until SEC play starts so I won't be too disappointed if things aren't going great.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n251115 said:
I thought the purveyor of sarcasm....Wobble.. would too but I guess not:weep:
Yeah, I noticed that as well.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n251115 said:
I thought the purveyor of sarcasm....Wobble.. would too but I guess not:weep:

I know you are referencing Tebow's situation but Tebow tried to "fix" his throwing motion for the NFL and that is what screwed him up. Meyer realized his throwing motion was good enough to win with and let it be. Meyer didn't screw up Tebow's throwing motion, Tebow did.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n251110 said:
Already trashing Grier before he ever takes a snap at UF?

Not getting my hopes up too much to be let down. Also with all the Harris jabs I don't think he gets the credit he deserves with what he was thrown into and playing injured etc.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n251129 said:
I agree. We probably won't know a whole lot until the Tenn game unless the growing pains are going to be worse than we think. I am just keeping my expectations with Grier in check until SEC play starts so I won't be too disappointed if things aren't going great.

It's going to look worse, before it looks better. Too much inexperience. Until we are a few SEC games in, we won't know anything. Except it isn't what we had last year.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n251136 said:
I know you are referencing Tebow's situation but Tebow tried to "fix" his throwing motion for the NFL and that is what screwed him up. Meyer realized his throwing motion was good enough to win with and let it be. Meyer didn't screw up Tebow's throwing motion, Tebow did.
they started tinkering with his motion in college https://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=4178702 and i believe they did a bit before his sophmore year because of some arm fatigue but nothing drastic...can't find an article on that though

edit: found it

As a freshman, Tebow “always tried to muscle the ball in there,” said Dan Mullen, his offensive coordinator and position coach at Florida for three seasons. By not incorporating enough of his torso, hips and legs, Tebow was putting stress on his shoulder. If he did not modify his motion, Tebow would have been at risk for injury.
So in February 2007, about six months before the start of his sophomore season, he visited the Biomechanics and Motion Analysis Laboratory at Florida. There, Tebow fired football after football as digital cameras captured images from all angles.
The results, which confirmed the deleterious effects on Tebow’s shoulder, helped Mullen develop a plan. That spring and into the summer and fall, they executed it. Calling their work together an overhaul is too strong, Mullen said. A more appropriate word, he said, was tweak — necessary but subtle changes to Tebow’s natural motion.
They focused on several elements. Mullen had Tebow stand taller in the pocket and keep his off-arm (right) up. He worked on improving his balance, on shortening his stride — with a smaller step, Tebow did not sink down as much, allowing him to get rid of the ball faster — and doing it all with consistency.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator Fever;n251097 said:
lol - You better watch out as we get into SEC play I bet a bunch of you might end up hollering for Treon to get in the game after watching some limited practice videos of Grier.

I dont care if Macs dog plays the position as long as we win. I think Grier has the edge and is likely our future but I think Treons experience could play a part in the decision.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n251153 said:
they started tinkering with his motion in college https://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=4178702 and i believe they did a bit before his sophmore year because of some arm fatigue but nothing drastic...can't find an article on that though

edit: found it

Tinkering is fine, but the mass overhaul that Tebow tried to do hurt his NFL career, IMO. Hopefully his time with the Eagles will be much better.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n251158 said:
Tinkering is fine, but the mass overhaul that Tebow tried to do hurt his NFL career, IMO. Hopefully his time with the Eagles will be much better.
i still think the throwing motion thing was way overrated to his struggles in the NFL...him not being able to read defenses quickly and throw with anticipation to windows is why he could never fully succeed. Having a slow delivery just made it that much worse.

Maybe UF shouldn't have tinkered after his junior as his best statistical passing year was his sophmore year in 2007 (very similar 2008 stats) and worst in 2009.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n251129 said:
I am just keeping my expectations with Grier in check until SEC play starts so I won't be too disappointed if things aren't going great.

Maybe what The Doug was trying to say was..... Keep the negativity to yourself.

As a society we should listen more and talk (spewing everything) less.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n251170 said:
Maybe what The Doug was trying to say was..... Keep the negativity to yourself.

As a society we should listen more and talk (spewing everything) less.

I will reserve my right to answer negative Harris statements and to speculate on future results unless that is now a bannable offense here which I don't think it is. That is why I liked the former site and continued to this site when it began because you could speak what you thought was happening and going to happen etc. while on many other sites that was censored.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n251181 said:
I will reserve my right to answer negative Harris statements and to speculate on future results unless that is now a bannable offense here which I don't think it is. That is why I liked the former site and continued to this site when it began because you could speak what you thought was happening and going to happen etc. while on many other sites that was censored.

I just flagged your post, just so you know.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n251161 said:
i still think the throwing motion thing was way overrated to his struggles in the NFL...him not being able to read defenses quickly and throw with anticipation to windows is why he could never fully succeed. Having a slow delivery just made it that much worse.

Maybe UF shouldn't have tinkered after his junior as his best statistical passing year was his sophmore year in 2007 (very similar 2008 stats) and worst in 2009.

Throwing motion is overrated, as many of the people who judged him at least on NFL network didn't see it as very different than Philip Rivers (also a slow wind and release). The worst thing they did was trying to overhaul it between his junior and senior seasons with a new quarterbacks coach (from the 0-16 Lions). Try to fix something that wasn't broke to begin with.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;251181 said:

Huh?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n251137 said:
Not getting my hopes up too much to be let down. Also with all the Harris jabs I don't think he gets the credit he deserves with what he was thrown into and playing injured etc.

I think TH gets proper credit - he was asked to be a saviour in a bad situation and did his best. I think the negativity on him is that what we saw wasn't what we want, it was just better than we had at the time. Now, with a proper offensive coaching staff, maybe he can be what we want (or at least what the coaches want and can make productive), For now, though, TH has experience and WG does not so I'm waiting to see what the coaches go with in a little over a month. Until then, I'm not going to be negative on anyone, just hopeful on everyone.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
i just want whoever to be able to competently run the offense and score points. As for TH, think about it, he was dropped in the deep end, as a freshmen, under Will Muschamp. Grier should probably get it but, yeah, I think we should reserve some judgement when it come to Treon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Treon was a TRUE FRESHMAN who didn't even have the benefit of being an early enrollee. He was thrown into the starting role too soon by the abject failure of the previous "QB". Despite the fact that the defense always knew whether we would be passing or running in Mushball, TH played pretty well at first. He was injured in late October and suffered a bit from freshman-itis (not knowing enough of the playbook and limited at reading and adjusting) once defenses adjusted. Yet he still put up far better numbers than the fourth year abortion he replaced.

Oh yeah, he won all SEC honors for his efforts.

He won't be handed the job, like the last guy was, and he won't be this year either.

If I were to bet, I'd guess that Grier comes out first. However, it's hard not to notice that Grier was not clearly better in spring practice. If TH is so terrible, yet Grier can't distance himself, we are in a boatload of trouble. I don't think he is. TH is a gamer and a winner. We will need him, no doubt in my mind.

You generally don't know what you have until their second year.

T is just being a moron, like always.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n251230 said:
I think the negativity on him is that what we saw wasn't what we want, it was just better than we had at the time.
The negativity is literally one guy. The kind of guy who drinks light beer and who thinks dollar signs go on the right of the number. 100$

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n251028 said:
The move by Braxton is smart. Most likely he would not make the NFL as a QB, so he is working early on being a WR. I believe this ups his chances of prolonging his NFL career.

this is a post from somebody who has no concept of football

Dec 10, 2014
Urban just screwed this dude so hard. He told him he'd be in the competition b/f fall camp, and then bam "nope." Miller can't transfer at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator