Braxton Miller to UF?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n147901 said:
You've really gone down as a poster. Not sure what you're overall problem is but you may just want to drink bleach. That may help...all of us.

Why all the hate Rex? You find this rumor ridiculous, so why read about the rumor over and over again?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ray Finkle;n147809 said:
Did you not say that his back spasms were the only way he got his redshirt this year?

No. I said it SHOULD have been the only way he got a redshirt this year....got it now? Why take a regular when you might get a credit for later if need be...

"I should have reported that high ankle sprain when I had a chance to" Fake Magee

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n147985 said:
So by that comparison... 2000 often injured Palmer, Redshirt Freshmen Grossmen and Brock Berlin had enough SEC snaps to say they were proven? Palmer had experience, but was far from proven, losing the job to Doug Johnson on three different occasions. Who would have throught at the beginning of the 2000 season it would be Grossman who would be our quarterback, how did we find out, in game experience.

Tebow who did have a year in the system, but really limited snaps had more experience and a fresh from high school Brantley were more proven then a two quarterbacks who have started SEC games and a redshirt freshmen. And Brantley was twice the prospect being a prostyle quarterback running a spread offense who main component was the option? I'm going to have to disagree with you T.

You didn't mention 1989 or 1993.. 5th string redshirt freshman Matthews and redshirt Freshman Wuerfell.

Honestly we don't know how good or bad the quarterback situation is for this offense. Especially after the mismash of the last 4 years. I'm not big on either of the two quarterbacks currently on the roster who have started an SEC game, and we have a redshirt Freshmen that hasn't seen an SEC snap.
Your last paragraph supports Miller transferring to us???

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n147985 said:
So by that comparison... 2000 often injured Palmer, Redshirt Freshmen Grossmen and Brock Berlin had enough SEC snaps to say they were proven? Palmer had experience, but was far from proven, losing the job to Doug Johnson on three different occasions. Who would have throught at the beginning of the 2000 season it would be Grossman who would be our quarterback, how did we find out, in game experience.

Tebow who did have a year in the system, but really limited snaps had more experience and a fresh from high school Brantley were more proven then a two quarterbacks who have started SEC games and a redshirt freshmen. And Brantley was twice the prospect being a prostyle quarterback running a spread offense who main component was the option? I'm going to have to disagree with you T.

You didn't mention 1989 or 1993.. 5th string redshirt freshman Matthews and redshirt Freshman Wuerfell.

Honestly we don't know how good or bad the quarterback situation is for this offense. Especially after the mismash of the last 4 years. I'm not big on either of the two quarterbacks currently on the roster who have started an SEC game, and we have a redshirt Freshmen that hasn't seen an SEC snap.
My point was there was competition and depth at the qb position dougie. In every single one of those years. Except the Tebow year. But the qb situation was alot better then. Right now all we have is grier because we know Harris can't hit the broad side of a barn. What if grier sucks too? I'd like to have another option if that happens.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n147997 said:
No. I said it SHOULD have been the only way he got a redshirt this year....got it now? Why take a regular when you might get a credit for later if need be...

"I should have reported that high ankle sprain when I had a chance to" Fake Magee

And yet, Jack McGee will be wearing the O&B next fall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We want a Qb who can run a little not a Rb who can pass a little. If we were happy w less than 200 yards a game, we would have kept Duhriskel.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n148014 said:

Did his request get approved? I hadn't heard that. Great news if true!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n147999 said:
Your last paragraph supports Miller transferring to us???

The last paragraph just says where we are, I don't believe a 1 year stop gap isn't going to change that. If Braxton comes in starts for a year, what do we have next year... an unproven group of quarterbacks. Braxton is a short term fix for a long term problem.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n148011 said:
My point was there was competition and depth at the qb position dougie. In every single one of those years. Except the Tebow year. But the qb situation was alot better then. Right now all we have is grier because we know Harris can't hit the broad side of a barn. What if grier sucks too? I'd like to have another option if that happens.

Why not recruit some quarterbacks, why only look at a guy that will not be here just one year. All a one year transfer does in our current situation is punt our problem for another year. We need to find and know we have a solution. If we don't, then we know what we need to do for next season. My problem isn't in bringing in another quarterback, my problem is bringing in a 1 year stop gap instead of addressing the real issue.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TheDouglas78;148029 said:
If Braxton comes in starts for a year, what do we have next year... an unproven group of quarterbacks. Braxton is a short term fix for a long term problem.
People starting to come around :proud:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n148014 said:

Is Jack Jakes younger brother? I only ask because I have not heard that Jake was approved by the committee....Unless I missed it somewhere.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n147991 said:
That's a damn good question. The guy is a freakish athlete and has a cannon for an arm. The makings of a real gunslinger. He may not pan out, but why would anyone be hating on him when he hasn't played a gametime down yet? :crazy:
I'm not hating. All I'm saying is he hasn't done anything special enough for me to feel comfortable with him being our qb moving forward. I'm not saying he's not the guy, I'm saying he needs to prove he's the guy

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
t-gator;n148065 said:
I'm not hating. All I'm saying is he hasn't done anything special enough for me to feel comfortable with him being our qb moving forward. I'm not saying he's not the guy, I'm saying he needs to prove he's the guy

I agree. I do think he has all the tools necessary to get the job done. Hope that I am right!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The "non-Muschampness" of next season, plus the better HC Mac will start us out of the total CFB mystery that
Muschamp & crew fomented. Was Will Grier truly beaten out by Harris' performance in practice ? If so, how much
better can Grier be ? I'm pulling for Grier to be Heisman material. I guess everything depends on the new CEO's
organization coaches.

Now, adding Braxton Miller seems similar potential to Auburn adding Cam Newton for 1 year. Gator Nation may
wind up screaming our heads off.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n148033 said:
Is Jack Jakes younger brother? I only ask because I have not heard that Jake was approved by the committee....Unless I missed it somewhere.....

Jack is Jake's repaired leg. They come as a pair or they don't come at all.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There was a quote shared on here a week or so ago saying that McGee and company were very confident that he would be granted a 6th year. I mean, he broke his f'ing leg in the 1st half of the 1st game of his senior season, there's no reason he shouldn't be given another year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n148265 said:
There was a quote shared on here a week or so ago saying that McGee and company were very confident that he would be granted a 6th year. I mean, he broke his f'ing leg in the 1st half of the 1st game of his senior season, there's no reason he shouldn't be given another year.
DO YOU EVEN RECOGNIZE THE EXPERTISE OF CONCRETEHEAD??!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.