Breakout Players for 2016

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No love for Freddie Swain? Dude runs well, has good hands and can jump out of the building....wouldn't be surprised to see him getting solid game reps. He's also a very good return man.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No love for Freddie Swain? Dude runs well, has good hands and can jump out of the building....wouldn't be surprised to see him getting solid game reps. He's also a very good return man.

To me I am expecting Swain to be good as advertised so that's not really breaking out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard...Agree with Dawson but Holley is a wait and see for me.

The Bowl Cut had a piece talking about Holley. Hurt his freshman year so he redshirted. The same injury resurfaced last year. He's dropped weight and is more of a DE size. Not DT anymore. Also injury free for the first time since he's been here.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
C4 didn't play much early in his career. He showed glimpses as a sophomore, but really didn't put it all together until his Jr season.
I would've loved to see how he would've played under Meyer. Granted we wouldn't have had him for the 06 title run, but I think him leaving
early hurt his chances of even a decent NFL career.

I thought the same thing. I remembered it the same way you did. But then I looked at his stats for confirmation.

His sophomore season Ciatrick Fason had fewer carries (84) than Ran Carthon (119) or Deshaun Wynn (115). Despite having far fewer carries, he matched their rushing yardage. He gained 583 yards to their 595 and 540, respectively. He averaged 6.9 per carry to their 5.0 and 4.7. Although he didn't catch as many passes as they did, he had a higher average per reception and more touchdowns. He averaged 12.9 yards per reception and caught 3 TDs. Carthon averaged 8.8 and got 1 TD (on twice the receptions), and Wynn averaged only 6.8 and got 1 TD (about the same number of receptions).

He became the full-time starter his junior year but he showed his sophomore year that he was the best RB we had. That's why I left him off and only named Gillislee as a late blooming RB.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chris was a few years ahead of him. Chris's Junior year was Travis's red shirt year. Doering was a Senior when Travis was a redshirt Freshman. McGriff's senior year was 1998, and we were force feeding him the ball, because no one was stepping up. His talent was topped out in college, made a nice career in Arena Football through..

:embarrassed:

You're right. I'm getting old. Doering was a senior in '95 and Ike and Reidel (who were in McGriff's class) left in '96 so my mind jumped to Doering being a year ahead.

Ike and Reidel didn't redshirt and left early as juniors. Quezzy was the man in 1997 after they left and McGriff was the the man as a redshirt senior in 1998 (with Nafis Karim and Jaime Richardson who had some eligibility issue in that same class).

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A freshman O-Lineman? I'm surprised by this, coming from you. We can hope he'll be all that and then some. We'll see.
He looks ready to me and you know I dont say that often. I think he may be at right guard moving Jordan to center. We will see. Just him being quality depth will be huge bc all our interior depth players are trash.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He looks ready to me and you know I dont say that often. I think he may be at right guard moving Jordan to center. We will see. Just him being quality depth will be huge bc all our interior depth players are trash.

He definitely makes the All-SEC name squad.

aTm has Tank Davis and Speedy Noil. Stone is a good start but we're going to need more to compete at this level.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would've loved to see how he would've played under Meyer. Granted we wouldn't have had him for the 06 title run, but I think him leaving early hurt his chances of even a decent NFL career.
You would have loved seeing C4 and Chris Leak running the option under Creyer? Why? What a shyt show. There's a reason no RBs do well under Creyer.

C4 made the smart move and got the hell out of town. Injuries are what got him, not his decision to leave before the middle school offense arrived.

He definitely makes the All-SEC name squad.
The name certainly helps, but so does the fact that he seems to enjoy hitting and dominates his opponents (often two on the same play).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Bowl Cut had a piece talking about Holley. Hurt his freshman year so he redshirted. The same injury resurfaced last year. He's dropped weight and is more of a DE size. Not DT anymore. Also injury free for the first time since he's been here.
That's good to hear. He was a super big pick up coming out of HS and I had hoped to see him get reps last year, when he didn't I kind of wrote him off. Didn't he have hernia surgery his freshmen year? Usually that's a pretty easy recovery unless it wasn't done right the first time......maybe Foley's saving dollars with the medical staff nowdays :lol2:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That's good to hear. He was a super big pick up coming out of HS and I had hoped to see him get reps last year, when he didn't I kind of wrote him off. Didn't he have hernia surgery his freshmen year? Usually that's a pretty easy recovery unless it wasn't done right the first time......maybe Foley's saving dollars with the medical staff nowdays :lol2:
Didn't the article say "hip"?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't we have 3 RSFr guards that are supposed to have gotten in shape? Sandifer, Desir-Jones, and another big hoss?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McCoy. Yes. I meant those who have seen the field (Dillard, Riles, Dorsey) were terrible. If Ivie is ready to move outside and accounting for injuries we proba ly need two to four new faces for the interior OL. I know Forsythe is a tall therefore is a tackle but Sabanesque always liked starting the big boys out at guard. See Martez Ivie.

It just a wild azz guess guys. Dont lose any sleep. i agree with many if not all of the other guesses.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McCoy. Yes. I meant those who have seen the field (Dillard, Riles, Dorsey) were terrible. If Ivie is ready to move outside and accounting for injuries we proba ly need two to four new faces for the interior OL. I know Forsythe is a tall therefore is a tackle but Sabanesque always liked starting the big boys out at guard. See Martez Ivie.

It just a wild azz guess guys. Dont lose any sleep. i agree with many if not all of the other guesses.
No, I'm with you. Buchanan was the other guy I was thinking of. I forgot about McCoy. I was thinking that Forsythe would be too far behind the guys who have been here for a year. Isn't Forsythe reported as athletic enough to play tackle. Hopefully, the RSFr can hold down the inside and let Forsythe develop outside.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't Forsythe reported as athletic enough to play tackle. Hopefully, the RSFr can hold down the inside and let Forsythe develop outside.
I want the best five on the field. We've recruited poorly inside for years and years, and two of our best guards, Martez Ivie and Trent Brown, were tackles who didn't have the feet for outside.

I hope the RFr develop but since we were playing three other Fr, other than McCoy who was ineligible, my concern is that they didn't play bc they are actually less talented than Riles and Dillard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.