Briles coming back to Baylor?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
well Baylor Football isn't as important as Stanford Swimming. They are just going by example.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Board of Regents is thinking of turning it into a one-year suspension only.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...urn-unbelievable-alleged-victim-family-061416
Wait-a-minute-what-GIF.gif

Even if they don't do it, their Board of Regents look like a bunch of idiots just talking about doing it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the taste of success, when you've been a perennial dump your whole life, can be oh so sweet, even sweet enough to be willing to do anything, even awful things, to maintain it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It seems that this is likely one of those completely fabricated occurrences to get internet
kite-wind upon a rag-knot tale.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Even if they don't do it, their Board of Regents look like a bunch of idiots just talking about doing it.

What exactly do you know that Briles did that requires he be fired? I know lots of talk show guys are yelling about how awful it was at Baylor but what specific things do you think Briles did that requires he be fired? After all he is not an at will employee, but rather has a contract.

I know he took the transfer from Boise. Did he know what the kid had been accused of? Did he fail to do due diligence or did Boise muddle the waters possibly due to FERPA? Is there anything else Briles did that might merit firing?

Have you read/heard that reportedly Baylor owes Briles $40 million on his contract? That would take a lot of extra tort liability to make it worth firing him without cause depending on how his contract reads.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly do you know that Briles did that requires he be fired? I know lots of talk show guys are yelling about how awful it was at Baylor but what specific things do you think Briles did that requires he be fired? After all he is not an at will employee, but rather has a contract.

I know he took the transfer from Boise. Did he know what the kid had been accused of? Did he fail to do due diligence or did Boise muddle the waters possibly due to FERPA? Is there anything else Briles did that might merit firing?

Have you read/heard that reportedly Baylor owes Briles $40 million on his contract? That would take a lot of extra tort liability to make it worth firing him without cause depending on how his contract reads.
My comment was about the Board of Regents, not Briles. If the Board backtracks on the firing, it will look bad on them (they will look like idiots). If I'm on the Board, reducing his punishment to a one year suspension is the last thing I want to be discussing at this point. Time to move on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

What did he do? He was in charge of a football program that enabled its players to assault young women without repercussions. His staff ran interference, did not report issues brought to their attention and questioned victims without authority to do so. I'd say when you accept the head job, the buck stops with you.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What did Briles do? He was the face and leader of that football program that had multiple reported incidents of sexual assault. Instead of following contractual obligations to report to independent parties to investigate, he and his cronies took it upon themselves to investigate and intimidate potential victims. That right there is plenty cause for termination of contact much less a questionable moral compass

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Even though Briles didn't pull a Bobby Petrino, he still got caught with his pants down figuratively speaking.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My comment was about the Board of Regents, not Briles. If the Board backtracks on the firing, it will look bad on them (they will look like idiots). If I'm on the Board, reducing his punishment to a one year suspension is the last thing I want to be discussing at this point. Time to move on.
This correct. The article really doesn't tell the whole story. There is a small minority of boosters that are being recognized as wanting him to stay. It's not going to happen.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If anything Briles should be guilty of culpable negligence. I still can not fathom how people can look the other way. What if she was your daughter? Would they look the other way then?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What did he do? He was in charge of a football program that enabled its players to assault young women without repercussions. His staff ran interference, did not report issues brought to their attention and questioned victims without authority to do so. I'd say when you accept the head job, the buck stops with you.

I am not sure what you consider without repercussions, but according to this article:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scandal-engulfed-baylors-football-program.htm

there have been thee players accused of rape at Baylor since 2011. According to that article above:

A. One is serving a 20 year sentence
B. Another is serving a 5 year sentence
C. Another was arrested this spring and is awaiting trial.

Personally, I consider 20 years in prison a repercussion in fact I consider it a pretty serious repercussion.

What did Briles do? He was the face and leader of that football program that had multiple reported incidents of sexual assault. Instead of following contractual obligations to report to independent parties to investigate, he and his cronies took it upon themselves to investigate and intimidate potential victims. That right there is plenty cause for termination of contact much less a questionable moral compass

I guess we may find out in a court of law if anyone was intimidate or if Baylor has a cause of action to fire Briles. On the intimidation side of it, that these cases were brought tends to be evidence that no one was intimidated. Heck that in the T. Harris case the complaint was withdrawn is to my mind more evidence of intimidation than anything I have read in the Baylor situation.

If anything Briles should be guilty of culpable negligence. I still can not fathom how people can look the other way. What if she was your daughter? Would they look the other way then?

The "If anything" part of your post is a big key here. Perhaps he is not guilty of anything. I too can not fathom how people look the other way while feckless college administrators try to shift blame. What if it was someone in your family who by contract was owed $40 million? Would they just look the other way.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure what you consider without repercussions, but according to this article:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scandal-engulfed-baylors-football-program.htm

there have been thee players accused of rape at Baylor since 2011. According to that article above:

A. One is serving a 20 year sentence
B. Another is serving a 5 year sentence
C. Another was arrested this spring and is awaiting trial.

Personally, I consider 20 years in prison a repercussion in fact I consider it a pretty serious repercussion.

I guess we may find out in a court of law if anyone was intimidate or if Baylor has a cause of action to fire Briles. On the intimidation side of it, that these cases were brought tends to be evidence that no one was intimidated. Heck that in the T. Harris case the complaint was withdrawn is to my mind more evidence of intimidation than anything I have read in the Baylor situation.

The "If anything" part of your post is a big key here. Perhaps he is not guilty of anything. I too can not fathom how people look the other way while feckless college administrators try to shift blame. What if it was someone in your family who by contract was owed $40 million? Would they just look the other way.
What about the others that claimed their assaults were swept under the rug. Liars one and all I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator