Butch Getting Busy: Volunteers #5 Ranked Recruiting Class

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well then there now.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that the University of Tennessee ranked fifth in recruiting this year? Butch be gettin' busy. Not only that but the rich get rich and the poor get poorer. Alabama and Florida State are 1 and 2. Jimbo is desperately searching for his next Famous Jameis.

Now let's see.Where is Florida? Down, down, down - Oh, there they be way down at #20. :)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

Dec 10, 2014
Yup. UF/Tennessee rivalry could mean something again in the very near future. Butch Jones has recruited exceptionally. His on-field coaching is lousy though. A lot of Gator fans will simply discredit what he's doing and write them off "as Tennessee" but if Jones can pull it together on the sidelines, then he has something good going. At least until the inevitable sanctions and probation hit.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n170741 said:
Yup. UF/Tennessee rivalry could mean something again in the very near future. Butch Jones has recruited exceptionally. His on-field coaching is lousy though. A lot of Gator fans will simply discredit what he's doing and write them off "as Tennessee" but if Jones can pull it together on the sidelines, then he has something good going. At least until the inevitable sanctions and probation hit.

You've got to love the lizard nation when they damn you with faint praise.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Vols have had top 20 recruiting classes for as far back as I can recall. When will that ever result in a top 20 ranking at the end of the season? :lol:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Good ole alvin stirring the pot. you must love the inevitable abuse thats sure to come your way. Florida will be back to top 5 next year, and still beat you on the field

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n170755 said:
The Vols have had top 20 recruiting classes for as far back as I can recall. When will that ever result in a top 20 ranking at the end of the season? :lol:

Then again we didn't have "Bad News" Butch Jones as our head coach with those top 20 recruiting classes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n170760 said:
Then again we didn't have "Bad News" Butch Jones as our head coach with those top 20 recruiting classes.

So this is his first year coaching the vols?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n170760 said:
"Bad News" Butch Jones

"Bad News" can cut both ways, you know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n170753 said:

There. That better?

Attachments

• conv_2331.jpg
    conv_2331.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 42

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n170761 said:
So this is his first year coaching the vols?

Well, son, the last few years Butch has been heavily involved in the construction business, a concern you will be experiencing the next 3-5 years as you desperately attempt to claw your way back to relevancy in the SEC East.

Dec 10, 2014
Alvin York;n170753 said:

Just being objective. If he can get his crap together on the sideline, I think Tennessee becomes our biggest threat going forward. I don't think he's a good game day coach though. I also think tennessee can't stop themselves from cheating, and it's going to come out that he's done so in his recruiting. Tennessee breaking the rules is as inevitable as death/taxes

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Credit where credit is due. UT signed a very nice class yesterday and especially where it counts - along the line of scrimmage.

That said, a couple of points: as mentioned above, UT has recruited consistently well over the past few years, not as well as this year, perhaps, but good, solid classes nonetheless. Given this, and given you haven't been able to get us for a decade, including while the last moron was in charge of our program - where does that leave you?

Discussed ad-nauseam here and all over the internet, UT's inherent disadvantages have been laid bare since you kicked Fat Phil to the curb. Can they be overcome? I guess. But if you couldn't beat us with the mouth-breathing retard we had as our HBC the last 4 years, what chance do you have now that we have a real HC? One that can recruit really well, apparently.

Must suck being a Buttchugger knowing the best you can realistically hope for is 2nd in the SEC East each year - and that's if the Humpers have a bad year. Otherwise, enjoy battling the Cocks for 3rd.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n170774 said:
Well, son, the last few years Butch has been heavily involved in the construction business, a concern you will be experiencing the next 3-5 years as you desperately attempt to claw your way back to relevancy in the SEC East.

Brick by brick? :lmao:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did Butch recruit some coaching ability for himself? Or is he still going to lose to a team that came nowhere near scoring for 3 1/2 quarters?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n170784 said:
Did Butch recruit some coaching ability for himself? Or is he still going to lose to a team that came nowhere near scoring for 3 1/2 quarters?

:burn:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n170778 said:
Butch = Muschamp

WRONG

Ain't nobody no where no how can equal Will Muschamp and the thermonuclear bomb he dropped on the University of Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator